View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 09:10 PM
A big cuddle for you Lynn........I can feel the anxiety oozing out of your post.

TW, that episode with the cat must have been so upsetting, but there for the grace of the gods go many of us - I have no doubt that if Jimmi catches one of the cats that come in our garden, that will be the end of the cat. As you say, there is very little we can do about it, other than muzzle our dogs whenever they are let out and I really don't see why we should have to do that. In the summer when the door is always open it's not an option anyway. Cariad was sooo good to leave when asked, but with the best will in the world she could not be expected to just sit there when the cat headed straight for her.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Evening Sally and thanks for the bottle.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Gorden has the visa but and the but is he now needs taking to the tube to get the tube to Heathrow at 11pm tonight not tomorrow as we thought. He will then need picking up Friday at about 9.30am from the local tube station.
He had flight confirmation for Kazakhstan when he arrived home this evening he flies out Saturday 5.15pm so will need lift to the local tube station by lunchtime Saturday and he returns on the 23rd April.
Oh Lynn, I am sorry and there was me thinking you had the evening and night together before Gorden went. This foreign travel has been one cock-up after another for you both. ((hugs)) Just think, the sooner all this travelling starts the sooner the time will pass and he'll be back .... with lots of dosh

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Hugs Lynn,time will fly I am sure x

Sally I hope your right,but he seems to suffer with his lower leg swelling at night and it makes him feel pretty uncomfortable,not to mention the hinges he has on which dig into his other leg put they have put some padding on the one now so hopefully it won't catch his other leg.

TW we have had some really close calls with cats in our garden,I am in no doubt Meg would kill one,we currently have two which are regular visitor's and are a real pain!
I often hear loud squeaks from the guinea pigs and the damn things are stalking them.I check the garden before I let the dogs out but if the cats are behind the shed you can't see them, but both Meg and Tyler know they are there and go mental
Can you get him to sleep with his leg propped up on pillows to keep the swelling to a minimum. My OH did when he was in plaster after a motorbike accident and cracked his femur, snapped his cruciate and damaged his knee. You are being a saint and I hope when he is 'fixed' he'll give you a nice treat as a thank you for being his Florence Nightingale .... well you can but dream!

June - that episode with the cat and Cariad must have been horrendous for you and the owner Cats aren't too bright. As a child we as a family always had two cats and a dog. One of our cats who we all adored was killed by the Chow next door but unfortunately in our garden - had it been in their garden it would have been easier to accept.
I agree that Helena's neighbours cat is living on borrowed time if it keeps going into their garden.

I've got a few things I want to get done tonight as I will love you and leave you all.

Sleep well and thanks again for the drink Sally.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Jenny I always seem to miss you!!! Hello and goodnight anyway
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 11:38 PM
I've got my own magic bottle out. Haven't done any more packing but did go down to the new apartment again and spoke with the tenant I am renting my current one out to to find out what he needs me to leave here for him.

I am blerdy devastated that my huge big heavy wonderfully comfy bed will not fit easily into either of the bedrooms in the 2bed flat. It was the one thing I was determined to take with me and I even got another double bed in for the tenant here (in fact am sleeping on 2 mattresses at the mo coz nowhere to store it)

I knew my bedroom here was a big one but had never measured it. No wonder I didn't realise how much floor space my bed takes up - bedroom is 18ft long.

I could get it into the larger of the 2 (just with hardly room for anything other than bedside cabinets) but it was the other bedroom I wanted it in as it is an inner room so warmer in winter and has its own nice covered verandah. You are always a bit restricted about where you place the bed here as all bedrooms have wall to wall and floor to ceiling wardrobes covering one whole wall and then usually enormous sliding verandah doors on another (and of course the door to the room on another!) In the new flat the bigger room has windows on 2 walls and wardrobes on another so not much scope for choosing where the bed goes there either.

Dagnammit.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Oh No could you maybe put your bed in one room and use the other bedroom as a dressing room sort of thing
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5