Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
June - another week until you can hit your bed Oh, but we all do so love Sasha and her antics.

Lynn - so Gorden is in demand That will be a boost to his morale . If he does go to Nigeria for 4 days for good money, it will go very quickly for you and him I hope. As you say it would be even better if it can be delayed until half term.

Having been very lucky here in the south east where we've had a glorious sunny day and eleven degrees, the temperature is now suddenly dipping ..... not that I expect any sympathy as I gather from some of you that you've had a cold, wet and windy day.

See you all later.
We've now got the same Jenny, after a glorious sunny day, it really was just like spring had sprung, now it's turned really cold, but no wind and no rain......yet!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
It might look a teeny bit odd if I go in armed with a water pistol. Unless ... I get Michael to 'accidentally' squirt the curtains - he still has the baby license you know.
Lol, yes, get Michael to do it Linda, he has licence to do anything, he could even put them IN the washing machine couldn't he and then you can blame him if it all goes wrong and hubby will willingly fork out for some nice new ones for you - sorted! I wish I had a Michael here sometimes

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Just for you Nechda, here is a map of Africa [plus a few other places...]

Hi grandma, and thanks for that, I wasn't too far out then, I was thinking of Niger instead of Nigeria which is underneath Algeria. I was much better this time than I was with Kazhakstan (sp?) which I thought was in India lol! I must have been sleeping or summat in georgraphy at school

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Lol, well hubby came with me, I had a good time!
I bought a new steamer, face cloths, a timer for the kitchen etc etc! Then ran off to P@H leaving hubby to pay When we next met up he said, thats the last time I come to Dunelm with you!!!
Oh I like your style there Jen, running away is good, very good, as long as you had all the goods under your arm before you ran!

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
I've never dry cleaned curtains. Just fold them up & wash on a very cool quick wash. They always come out fine.
Seee, it is alright Linda, there's 2 of us now that have done it, you'll be fine! thanks Taffsmum, I knew it would be ok.

I've just washed a lovely BHS silky bedspread that said "dry clean only" and it's come out beautiful, but I did it on a "bulky" wash and I put the temp down to 30deg, all is fine, but then it hasn't dried yet, it's folded over on a rad atm but I plan to put it in the tumble when the other stuff has finished. Is that wise I wonder?? Hmmmmmm
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Noooo not the tumble Helena, leave it folded and keep turning it over.
It's like being at sea in a storm outside, opened the door to bring the babies in and they were in like a shot and queueing up to get through the baby gate. Gave them their tea, went out to the girls and it was like being in some sort of hurricane handed out half lamb frames and girlies shot back in quick as you like and I won't be seeing them till tomorrow, they'll be curled up all warm and dry, munching.
Got 2 and a bit bags of wood, so will see me through the night.
I am resigned to possibly never seeing my bed again till I am very much older than I am now
Couldn't believe it when I saw the map, Mali and Algeria look pretty close to me....
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Very late good morning all from me. Malka I am laughing at you posting the map to help out!

Lordy here in Cyprus (much like Malka is) we are surrounded (and much more closely) by countries where there is 'trouble'. Hell - a third of the island is still under occupation by Turkish troops and technically we are still 'at war' with the UN holding the ceasefire green line dividing N and S.

If they drop bombs in Lebanon you can hear them here! But I guess it's the same for Malka - you don't really ever think about all that in your day to day life.

It's usually only 'hotspots' in those countries where it all kicks off anyway. Much like it was in N. Ireland.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Evening all Magic bottle is here for those who want it.

It seems that generally it has been a good news today in here, except for Bev - I do hope that you can get a good night's sleep tonight which in turn might make you feel a little better. Stress can cause such terrible problems, and you have certainly had enough to be stressed about lately. Do look after yourself.

TW, at least Sasha's new owners have been sensible enough to delay picking her up until they can give her their full attention - focus on Monday night now woman!!

Jimmi was a total pain on his walk today - I mean really really irritating It was cold, with a biting wind so keeping moving was desirable, but mister pea brain chose today to have a sniffathon..........not just a quick sniff and pee then move on, it was full on intense sniffing for minutes on end, and any attempt to pull him on resulted in that horrid leaning sideways thing. We barely managed four paces forward at one time. Not only that, but he was in major scavenge mode and managed to snaffle no end of unidentifiable titbits from under hedges etc. To cap it all, he managed to flush out several cats from their hiding places, and the resulting yank on my back when I applied the brake on his lead each time has left me rather sore .
After one and a half hours I had seriously had enough!!

*pours large red wine
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Evening all,

That training didn't half run on. Then I had to stop off for something for dinner. Oh and the snow had hit Inverness, I had to de-snow the car before I left and drove through hail to get home. Although once I got on the north side of the Black Isle it wasn't bad at all.

Tonight, well dinner is the priority, then I'm hitting the books. Want my assignment done and out of the way.

I have to sort out who is doing what lessons for the weekend as well, so getting that done too.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
More Good News - one of which is Even Gooder than a mere Good. Three more packages turned up today, all of which I had assumed would have been sent back as undeliverable, so that was the Good News. Two were from Hong Kong, one from the UK.

The Even Gooder News is that yesterday's parcel, which should not have been sent as it was a cancelled order [from Israel] - they had accepted the order then said they had a problem with the suppliers [shades of the couch saga] and it would be at least three or four months until they knew when there might be more in so I cancelled the order and did not put in another one. Received a confirmation email that the order was cancelled, a confirmation email that my money would be refunded, and received confirmation from Isracard that the money had indeed been refunded.

So. Yesterday I received something I had cancelled and for which I had been refunded. This morning I telephoned them and explained the situation. The person I spoke with said he would check his manager... and to cut a long story short I was told not to bother sending it back but to keep it as a goodwill gift. What is it? A single portable induction hob. Nice!

Hmm. Thing is that I already had one and wanted a second, hence ordering this one, and then cancelling the order because of all the delay etc, but some time after the mess up with the order I was offered one as a bonus with something I ordered [totally different company] and I just had to pay the equivalent of ~£5 delivery for it, and at that price I was not going to refuse it! Well, would you?

Oh well, I guess this free one will make a good wedding present for someone!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Huge hugs Sally because Loki is like that at the best of times, but he's been even worse lately. He's sometimes worse before he has fits so I've been expecting the worst but it hasn't happened yet.

Maybe it's bitches in heat or wildlife or the intense smells left after the snow that's causing them to behave like this?

I'll have a big glass of sauvignon blanc please. Hmmm, maybe I should downsize my glasses because I always seem to be having a large one!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Evening Sally Dillon was worse than usual today for sniffing.

Good news Malka.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Oooh Malka you are doing really well with your parcels, and post in general why has she decided to go back doing the post, didn't she like being the Most Unpopular Person
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 09:05 PM
LS and Lynn - you have made me feel a whole heap better now that I know I am not alone with the sniff walk thing!! I do hope that Loki is not heading for a fit though, and will keep everything crossed for you.

* ferrets around in the cupboard for smaller glasses, but cannot find any Sorry LS!!]]

Am watching Richard III, but am so annoyed with the Beeb for breaking the news today on what happened - Channel 4 deliberately didn't film the last vital bit until yesterday I think it was, or thereabouts anyway. But now we all know the results
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >