Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Evening everyone,

What a gorgeous pic of Sasha, she's so cute and glad to see she is doing better too!

Well today really felt busy, not sure why, just never seemed to stop even though I wasn't doing any more than I normally do.

Got home and discovered my TMA is back and it was a C, which is a clear pass. So I am delighted cause it's way better than I have been getting before; a bare pass. Can tell I had more time to concentrate on this one thank goodness. Got to spend some real time on sorting out number 4, and the first one for Total War. Want to get good marks from here on in.

Just waiting on the exam results now, they are due back in March sometime.

Oh...and we still don't have snow
Congratulations!

Oh and neither do we
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 06:37 PM
GREAT NEWS about Sasha June, woop woop! Not before time is it! You're soooooo gonna miss that little girl though even after all that trouble she's given you, I'm sure you have bonded with her more than all of the others put together, well, it would seem that way anyway, but I'm sure I'm wrong!

Well, I've had to add stuff to my online shop, not once, but twice, since last night and now when June mentioned fabric conditioner there I realised I'm out too, so back I go into Sainsbury's to add that to my shopping. So much better than keep nipping back there for stuff I've forgotten though, and I will keep this up each week, save me lugging all the heavy essentials up these steps day after day.

We did our woodland walk this morning, but what would normally take 50 mins to an hour took nearly 2 hours, trudging up those big hills in boots with very thick snow a foot, it really was hard work, but having got on the scales just now I've not just lost 5 lbs I've now lost 7!!! I shall continue to walk in the woods, I need to get fit again, the beach was far too easy, so I'll leave that for springtime or a day when the sun is shining.

Dave had a result this morning, something he'd been paying into for 10 years, that he had "forgotten" about since he stopped paying into it a year ago, has come up trumps, it'll keep the wolf from the door and some, but of course, I'm not allowed to get my grubby little mitts on any of it tcht! It's cheered him up though knowing he can cash that baby in for a deposit on his flat (IF he can get the rest on a mortgage of course which is still in the balance).

He's not going to set off at 6 am tomorrow, he's going to leave it a bit later to see how the land lies out there, cos although a lot of it has thawed, if it freezes overnight, it'll take all morning for it to thaw out enough for him to drive down the road in a straight line. If he hits that bdooly car that'll definitely tip him over the ragged edge I know that.
Talking of which, the company who modify these bm's like the one he's got the Autovogue have replied to his e-mail and have offered him a darn site more for it than he envisaged, so all in all, it's up, up, up for Dave today!

I've got 2 more booking enquiries for the van, haven't heard back as of yet, but I'm sure they'll book, otherwise, why give me specific dates etc. finger's crossed then, cos I need bookings, we might have to live on my meagre offerings in the future.

Hope all is well with everyone, haven't been around much on here today of course, but once Dave has taken himself off to work I shall be back in force I hope.

Enjoy the magic bottle tonight if it's coming, and I'm sure it'll be champers Lynn, so save some for me won'tcha!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Congrats Lorraine

TW fab news about Sasha,

Malka hugs xx

O/H offered to buy us a KFC for tea as a treat as he feels so lazy so Lizzie and her b/f fetched it and it was nice not cooking tonight
Caught up a little with the laundry today

The snow and ice has thawed well today,so it's nearly all gone now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Evening Helena thank goodness some good news for Dave today. I think he is wise to wait tomorrow before driving off just to make sure the roads aren't icy.
We have noticed how heavy going it is walking at the moment on the field and up the woods and we don't the sort of hills you do.
I always end up going back several times when I do online shopping.

Glad you got a treat tonight Sal you deserve it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Oooooh nearly forgot of course we will save you some champers Helena.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Great news about Sasha, June.
Well done Lore!
Great news about Dave, Helen.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Evening all *plonks magic bottle down on sideboard along with all manner of nibbles; there are smoked salmon and cream cheese bites, sausage rolls, mini sausages, king prawns in garlic and chilli, and twiglets! (I like twiglets)

TW I am absolutely delighted that things are moving forward apace with those pups, and Sasha is making up for all that worry now isn't she!

Like everyone else, apart from Nippy down there in the Bahamas( ) we are still suffering with the snow and ice and I really would like it all to disappear now please.....I did take Jimmi around the cemetery today which was only about ten minutes, but he was delighted to be out and about. It was all still virgin snow in there, and he spent a great deal of time with his nose pressed to the fox tracks or racing around at top speed on the end of his fishing line!

My father is being transferred to the lovely nursing home in Northallerton on Thursday - they know all about the fact that he frequently falls unconscious (as opposed to being asleep) and are still happy to take him. He himself is now refusing any treatment, medication or physio. I suppose that he has given up, and I don't blame him at his age - we just all hope that one day soon he has one of his unconcsious spells and doesn't wake up.

H old bean, just be careful trudging through the snow with your back problems.........I have been really feeling mine of late, and it is the extra effort of staying upright on the ice, and pulling oneself through deep snow that sets things off.

Two corries and bb tonight. Blisseroonies!!

*pours rather large red wine
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Brilliant news H, about times things turned around!

I have had work ring today, she didn't realise I was off tomorrow and has a meeting at HQ, I hope she can arrange some cover as I am still stuck and our intended meal out is off, for me anyway!

Wheres the champers then? Yummeee I love smoked salmon.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Oh thank goodness one of his nest eggs has hatched, and even better that he had forgotten about it, such a massive relief for you, even though you won't be allowed to touch it as such, you know it is there, like a big safety net with comfy pillows on. Told ya its always darkest before the dawn, and we've all had a few dark'uns recently I think.
Coming back from the vets today with the snow sticking, then coming into the village, I thought if that freezes it will be chaos tomorrow morning, and we don't really have anything like you've got, so glad to hear Dave is taking the long view and waiting to see what happens.
I have bonded with Sasha, and she has bonded with me, I usually avoid it like the plague, because it makes it a zillion times more upsetting when they go, but who could not bond with this little girl when she has put up the fight (quite literally) of her life and has toddled away from it, tail up and head held high, she has an amazing spirit and if she had a rough coat she would be the one stopping, unfortunately it is the rough coat I am after in this particular litter and I've got to stick to The Plan, there have been that many deviations and trips up various paths that have turned into dead ends, and I have got older as well, I can't do any more U turns. She is happy as larry lay here by the couch on her piece of vetbed, and she will do the same in her new home, they will love it she is so domesticated and happy to lie in front of the fire and just wants to be with them. She will always have a special piece of my heart that will go with her, they all do, wonder I've got any left to give out, but I always find a bit to go with them. I have put a few pieces of minced tripe in a bowl for her for the morning and we'll see what happens.
Soooo glad things have turned round a little for you Helena.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Absolutely wonderful about your father Sally, and let him go if he wants to go that way, like you say I too hope he falls asleep or unconcious and goes that way.
I would have liked that for my mother, we never got on its no secret, but at the end her arms were bruised due to them looking for a vein for the IV and her getting it out, she was in a dreadful state, and I really don't think anyone should be kept going that way, we wouldn't do it for our furbabies, so why make our beloved families go through such drawn out suffering.
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »