View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Poor Luke! I wouldn't be too keen on the dentist right before Christmas.

You be careful, H, going to that gravel in the dark (and yes I did laugh at you in your dressing gown and brolly).
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Evening all Magic bottle has arrived, and it has been carefully overhauled and tweaked here and there........should be okay I think

Had a lovely morning with my friend, but an absolutely horrible journey over there. The fog was not too thick, but despite grit on the roads they were very icy in parts so I trundled along at 40 building up a good tail of cars behind me (well, that is the mark of a good Jazz driver ). They were all nose to tail and trying to chivvy me along, but I totally ignored them which was just as well. I rounded a corner to find a car spinning gracefully but very fast first one way and then the other, and then half a mile later there was another one. I saw him hit the brakes and round and round he went It was like watching Top Gear! At least after that, all the cars behind me dropped back and gave each other loads of room, but by the time I reached my friend half an hour later I had trouble ungritting my teeth!!

H old bean, you know that you have all my sympathies for your back and knee problems - it is mighty frustrating when there is a setback, and you are going to have to be good and not do ANYTHING that might make it worse. Just remember that a few days of inactivity might make all the difference and prevent weeks and weeks of difficulty getting around. For goodness sake be careful, I just wish that I had taken that advice and I might not have ended up with the problems that I have now.

Oh Dunelm........I just love that place!! There is no such thing as window shopping in there for me, cos I always come out with something or other.

TW I love the puppy pic, as always.....there just hasn't been a bad one has there

I now cannot remember what everyone has said, but am pretty sure that all the sick dogs are no longer throwing up! I wish that I had a better memory, but the things I was going to comment on have gone right out of head

Perhaps a drink from the new, improved and hopefully safe magic bottle will help
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Hi Old Bean Glad you've been busy in the lab, and done a bit of tweaking with that magic bottle of yours, it needed it, so I have now cancelled the van!

I just had the most awful job to do on Zena, I don't quite know what she had done, but we went up the top for a poop (not me, her!), and coming back down, she stopped on the grass to give herself a good clean, and she wouldn't come in she was too interested in that bottom of hers, so somehow I knew there was a bit of a disaaaaaaster dahling going on there. Out came the baby wipes, but it was a bit too much for them to cope with, so I had to resort to cotton pads and warm water, but she was most pleased with the result, so much so, that she wanted to kiss me on the lips NOOOOOOOOOOOO thanks!!! Bless her heart, she hadn't pushed hard enough I don't think and chopped one off mid length!! Ooops, sorry if you're eating dinner there The things I do for this dog

I'll be taking her back up there in a mo and see if she can get rid of the other half lol!

On that note.......any choccies tonight in here then???!!!!

I've just spent an hour on the phone to a very dear neighbour I used to have in the other house, she's going through a bit of trauma with her back, having to have injections all the way down her spine to replace the gel between the bones, sounds very painful, but she's been in agony with it, so needs to get it done. She's had a scan and that's what is needed. I think I'm going to take better care of myself now, especially as I seem to have lost 2 1/2 inches in the past few years, don't quite know where they went, but I'm assuming my spine must have crushed a tad, so I don't want to be in the same boat as her.

Blooming printer! I want to print some pics of the house to send off to her, but it's suddenly decided that the new ink I installed last week is not a genuine HP (which it isn't), but how come it printed 40 pages off for me when I first installed it then??? Maybe it's just empty now. I've had to order genuine HP ones now at great cost!

Pass me the bottle please Sally, I'm in need of a slurp, but I have a glass, see?!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Fire blazing away here and have replenished the stock of Snickers, Bountys and choccie biccie. Oh and the girls have tripe.
They all had a rack of lamb ribs for tea, Cariad looking at me reproachfully as she wants MORE, but these babies will be pensioners by the time they are weaned if she doesn't stop the feeding of them Carried babies into house and they were so warm and cuddly, they weren't even under the heat lamps they were in the sleeping compartment so it must be plenty warm enough in there for them. Left a heat lamp on for Lona and Mabs as it is flaming cold out there already, went out before and Lona is in the other kennel without the heat lamp so she must be Well'ard
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Afternoon Taffsmum Glad someone's sober around here in this thread, it's quite unusual as the day goes on here! Sorry to hear you had a bit of a waste of time with that shopping trip and got so cold. You don't have much luck with your shopping do you, I remember the last time you went down for some buttons and came back with a pair of bootlaces for o/h didn't you?? Maybe I dreamed it lol! Husband never do Christmas cards, it's not manly, allegedly!
:
You've got a bit mixed up there with my shopping Helena I went for Buttons but came back with Boots for OH cause he insisted coming with me & I went for Christmas shopping & came back with Boot Laces for me. But your right I don't have much luck with shopping. Ive just ordered two presents online out of desperation for Daughter & grandaughter.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2012, 08:02 PM
We get this with Loki. Not a pleasant job at all! Ew! I feel for you H!

Thanks for the new and improved magic bottle. Here is my glass, all shiny and clean.

I still haven't written a single Christmas card.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
you've got far too much ironing to even consider doing any snow sales on the side!

I is going on strike 'cos you are all ganging up on me and since you don't pay me I 'ave to go selling snow to make a livin'
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Malka is a good girl and hands over her glass...

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Please, pretty please, will you divert one [or more] to me please only most people here have never seen snow and I could make a fortune charging for viewing...

...even more if I let them actually touch it!
Of course Malka dearest consider it done Flippin heck I think I'm on a winner here 'cos I'm exporting to three countries already and you could charge for lessons in how to make a snowman and how to throw a snow ball, the possibilities are endless
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Remember you have the ironing to do before you even think about this snow malarky
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >