View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Yes...the double taxing is a pain. I had better button my lip and add a zip for extra security before I start ranting about people claiming benefits who really shouldn't be and who are now whining because they won't be getting any more money.

Free wood is an absolute godsend because it can cost a fortune for a load of logs which last a matter of a couple of weeks when it's very cold.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 10:50 PM
I wish I had a wood burner - we have some woods around here.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 10:54 PM
You can't just go around chopping down trees you know
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Bitkin I feel your pain. I had made a start on my assignment... A pretty good start I thought, when word crashed. I thought I'd saved it but noooooo. Thankfully it wasn't a massive start so I got it retyped but grrrrrr.

Anyway....the temp here has gone from -4 to -3. Good you'd think, but a sure sign that's the snow front coming in....wonder if we'll get snow thunder this year
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 11:21 PM
What's snow thunder?

I should imagine that you are in for a fair amount looking at the forecast.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Do you live in an older type house with a chimney and chimney breast, because you can open it up, pop a fire in and Bobs your Uncle, then you find your local bedroom/kitchen mfr and take their offcuts!!!!
Very very cold on our final walk tonight. Everyone fed, Humpty is like a little eating machine trundling along
Everyone has put on masses of weight, Humpty weighing in at 8lbs and the others around 7lbs, they were quite wriggly tonight and I think that is the last time I will be able to weigh them on normal kitchen scales
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
What's snow thunder?

I should imagine that you are in for a fair amount looking at the forecast.
Not too sure how it happens but a couple of years ago during that awful snow we had thunder and lightning. Very spectacular and something to do with warm air and cold air hitting off each other. It was very unexpected and even the older folks couldn't remember it happening before.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Wow TW, those are good weights for those pups........what are you going to use instead of the kitchen scales then? the local weighbridge?

Lore that sounds spectacular, and perhaps a once in a lifetime spectacle - you never know tho.

I am orf now to let the Jimster out for his final wee (hoping there is no cat lurking) and perhaps have a real nightcap before bed.

H old bean, if you look in before starting the new thread tomorrow........I do hope that you are not bruised and sore, and for goodness sake make sure that you get to eat your dinner tomorrow night Us pensioners can ill afford to lose that energy making stuff you know I do know what you mean about friends that chat for hours; it's lovely to speak to them, but why oh why do they ring at the wrong time? Never when you are bored between chores, oh no

Take care all, sleep well and stay safe xxxx
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Crikey Nippy, you don't often get it so cold so soon down there do you? You better have a brandy!! It is definitely the coldest night so far here, and the night is young.

TW, Humpty is going to be a brave dog isn't he, and probably the strongest of the lot given how much milk he scoffed from birth I wonder how long it will be before Cariad starts to seriously teach them manners.

Rosebud I do sympathise......that coughing when you lie down is just the pits, especially when you feel ill and could sleep for England. You are resourceful though.... would never have considered using a big bottle as a HWB, but it definitely makes sense. As for stones, well you can't cuddle those I do hope you feel better tomorrow.......I will send you a hot toddy from the magic bottle.
Surprisingly after getting up at midnight for food etc ( and sorting wool!) I slept through; codeine and antihisamine are my friends. A welcome rest ....wondered why it was light when I surfaced

I have lived decades in remote areas and with little money so improvisation comes easily. Not every kind of bleach bottle works! Stones are great for the feet...
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5