16-09-2012, 09:35 PM
And here is how to do it without getting bitten
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by scout75 View Post
Exactly.

I really wish one day, instead of the scared insecure dogs that he manages to bully, that he gets a really hard tough dog, one that when he tries all his jabbing, will turn around and put him in hospital. THEN he might start to learn that there are other methods.....
I really wish I still had one of my GSDs, he was legend amongst the WT & Police handlers I trained with for his protection work. Nothing ever phased him & he was frightened of nothing-yet was a gentle dog unless instructed otherwise. A copper who ran criminal for him once in training, didn't think much of civilian dogs & even less of woman handlers, so instead of offering the dog the sleeve he raised his arm above his head & with the stick threatened the dog, Desmond took no notice of the stick launched himself at the coppers most vulnerable body part & held on hard, the copper fell to the ground crying in pain all his colleagues fell about laughing, he was very lucky that my dog had an instant out & forever afterwards until he retired, he wore added protection for his manly bits when running criminal.

Now imagine CM having that happen to him, I think it might even put him off claiming to be a dog whisperer-although his voice would be a few octaves higher for sometime if not permanently
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 12:47 AM
Independent of CM or the dog lets not forget it was the owners who allowed the dog to get this way in the first place. Probably when dog was little it was cute. & she was let away with it, she learned then if she grumbled peopled moved off or away. Instead of waiting until the situation got out of hand, they should have dealt with it from the onset. The dog didnt get food/resource guarding overnight.

Its not the first time CM has got bitten & probably wont be the last.....
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 02:26 AM
What an absolute disgrace

The guy is confrontational and his instinctive reactions are violent. He enjoys picking a fight with a dog and refusing to back down. He shouldn't be allowed near anyone's dog.

Grrr that made me so angry.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 05:41 AM
That poor dog looked totally bewildered by his actions - no wonder she reacted in the way she did. If he didn't see how much he had worried her then he is definitely not the expert he thinks he is. Stupid, stupid man.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 06:33 AM
Poor Poor dog

TBH I have never understood why people allow their dogs to be treated so badly by this man. I hope that anyone reading this thread (and needing help with their dog) seeks professional help with their dog (for the love of god, not CM or his muppet followers)

I do not and will not ever understand the whole " approach dog while he is eating" "take food bowl away from dog" Hell, Id bite you if you touch my food bowl. If there are children present then, crate the dog with his food and leave him in peace
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Ok enlighten me please why do we give our dogs something then feel the need to remove it from them and them to just accept it ? I am not talking potentially dangerous things but their meals.
What is th problem with giving them their meal and just leaving them in peace to get on with it ?

Many years ago an aunty of mine had a colliex called Yandy lovely dog I use to go their for my lunch as my primary school was just round the corner and I use to walk Yandy at lunchtime while my sandwich was being made. Anyway to the point I was told in no uncertin terms if Yandy has her food down and is eating under no circumstances do you touch the dog or the bowl.

Even with my own dogs and although my children were teenagers when we had our first dog that was and is the rule in this house too. I have with all 4 dogs been able to remove the bowl if I wanted too for example if I have forgotten to add something to their food or at the moment with Dillon he is getting his food in a kong I can take it to jiggle the food about to loosen it for him. I have never made any big issue about feeding and always the dog is left in peace to enjoy his meal. If I felt the dog was uncomfortbale with me adding something I had missed while it was eating or Dillon was not happy about me removing his kong as he wouldn't see it as being helpful but stealing something important to him I would do the swapsie thing. Same as I like to be left in peace to enjoy my food.

If I ever feel the need to remove something like a bone say and I feel any one of them felt that was such high value they would snarl and possibly bite I always do swapsies. I try to avoid as much confrontation wth my dogs as possible.

I felt that poor dog was put into the position of having to bite in the end as she kept getting all her buttons pushed. I feel CM was an idiot and has small man syndrome and the dog was bound to turn in the end same as I would under the circumstances except I have the ability to shout **** off you moron.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 06:44 AM
I'm not going to watch the video as it will depress me too much.

I loathe CM because he sets dogs up to fail, lies to owners and generally behaves like a little tyrant sothat he can make money. I don't hate anyone but I think CM comes pretty close if I had to choose a name

I never liked him because he doesn't understand dog behaviour but pretends he does; but I started to loathe him after I saw the video of a dog he used to wind up aggressive dogs before the cameras started rolling.

He was goading the aggressive dog, and laughing. That to me is the REAL CM, the one we never see on camera.

Nasty.

I would not be at all surprised if this dog has not been wound up before the cameras rolled - after all, that's what his show is all about - lies and pretence.

Disgusting.

Wys
x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-09-2012, 06:57 AM
I couldn't watch the whole clip, this man displays all the attributes that have made humans the most dominant and aggressive species on the planet and the most horrible, how I so wanted to just walk up to him and blast him with the biggest most powerful gun I could lay my hands on odious little man and a coward to boot.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 07:13 AM
That man drives me mad!!!! So many people admire him.... I always try and link them to some literature on dominance theory and how its in the stone age, and point them to more positive methods.
Page 5 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »