Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by bolty
you p*ss me off,,, how can i you disgust, sort it out , you sating people dont rehome dogs what a load of s**t
Rehome yes....for GENIUINE REASONS!!! not cos its not 'big and hard 'enough
bolty
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Archer
Rehome yes....for GENIUINE REASONS!!! not cos its not 'big and hard 'enough
did i not say my Mrs cant carry her any more, and if she goes down the stars on her own she dose her legs in,
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 04:32 PM
she is only young what is the problem with her using stairs?
tob manages them and i don't encorage it because of what he is.
she will adapt to how to go up/down if you let her....... don't carry her let her work them out for herself.
if you have always carried her she won't know how to do it without falling because she hasn't learnt.
take her up 1 at a time then let her try.
please dont get rid because of it this can be overcome with time.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:35 PM
All dogs particulaly large ones should not be allowed to run up and down stairs so if they cant be carried put a lead on till they learn to do it slowly.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:35 PM
did i not say my Mrs cant carry her any more, and if she goes down the stars on her own she dose her legs in,
Puppies of all breeds should not do stairs so if she was a big heavy dog she would be having even more problems and doing herself more damage.If you have stairs that you cannot avoid you should have brough a dog that was smaller so that it could be carried .As for her not being house trained...thats your fault...not hers
Think we can see why shes frightened of you now can't we
bolty
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by leo
she is only young what is the problem with her using stairs?
tob manages them and i don't encorage it because of what he is.
she will adapt to how to go up/down if you let her....... don't carry her let her work them out for herself.
if you have always carried her she won't know how to do it without falling because she hasn't learnt.
take her up 1 at a time then let her try.
please dont get rid because of it this can be overcome with time.
if i let her go down on her own her backend (back legs) give way and she falls down them, at the same time she will do her legs in and hop around whimpering, is that what i should do make her walk down the stare every 3 hours with cripled legs, would this make me a dog lover
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:40 PM
So if you get riid of her what next.You've already got rid of another cane x, and ebt and now Ruby!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:42 PM
if i let her go down on her own her backend (back legs) give way and she falls down them, at the same time she will do her legs in and hop around whimpering, is that what i should do make her walk down the stare every 3 hours with cripled legs, would this make me a dog lover
Think this may be caused by the lack of angulation, why does she have to climb stairs at all can you not put a gate across.
bolty
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Archer
As for her not being house trained...thats your fault...not hers
Think we can see why shes frightened of you now can't we
i never said that she was not houes traned get it right, and i do have 2 dogs so why is he not doing the same as her.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 04:44 PM
allow her time to master going up first before you face going down which is harder.
she needs to adjust her feet/legs and gait doing stairs but would master it in time.
we have all had dogs that stumble on stairs tob tries to run down them if he goes up.
walk her down by her side one at a time and stop her from toppling over or hurting her legs untill she has learnt.
maybe she needs to gain more strength in her back legs to give her more stability on slopped area's which is time to grow and gain more muscle.
i am not having a go at you just trying to help nothing else.
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >