Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Yep, he's just trying to be dominant, I'm sick of pointing this out to you!
I Alpha rolled him just now to show him who the boss is

I am sure the alpha wolf blows rasberries on their tummies dont they??
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 02:42 PM
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Ahem

One of my dogs has down a ten minute down stay out of sight with a bowl of food in front of her and one of the dogs going along the line of dogs eating it all........

Na na na na na!
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Dammit I thought you would be in bed by now!!!
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Ben did a down stay on the sofa with food balanced on his back

Must have been 30 min

OK not so much a stay as he was just lying there
and it was a big bag of crisps I was sharing with my mum

My dog trumps all of yours - he will walk over a floor covered in hotdogs and not even sniff any

And he sleeps in my bed and on the sofa, and I even let him win at tug of war And he eats before me (mainly so I don't chuck my dinner back up) and and and - I can leave my dinner on the floor and walk out of the room and it'll still be there at any length of time - without a leave command!!!

This thread is fun..
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2012, 03:39 PM
thats nuthin' SLB

my 5 month old puppy will retain a sit-stay INSIDE a fridge full of food WHILST wearing a duvet
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Can anyone join in ?

Four sled dogs free running with sheep all with perfect recall

As if!

No duvet for me last night thanks to Isaac's bed hogging dominance. Handler 'alpha rolled' by pack this morning and covered in northern kisses and goobers. We're doomed.....

S. xxx
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
thats nuthin' SLB

my 5 month old puppy will retain a sit-stay INSIDE a fridge full of food WHILST wearing a duvet
I actually laughed out loud at this!!
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Omg! Loving this thread.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
thats nuthin' SLB

Ok.. well mine can be in a room with a rabbit whilst I nip to the loo (for a wee) and not kill it or move..
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by FairyToes View Post
Our spayed GS, Zelda, will be 3 April 5. She was the star of her obedience classes and is remarkably sweet, loving, well-behaved, responsive, smart, gentle with people, even toddlers, with no bad habits except her mistrust of other dogs which began when she was 7 mos. old, at heel beside me when she was viciously attacked by a standard poodle and literally had the piss scared out of her. Also the neighbor dogs, older than she, have always been bossy and snappy with her. She is great with our cat and my aged dog, and has had a few doggy pals with whom she loves to romp, but strange dogs set her off.
We've had some dogs come to visit. When my husband kept her leashed she was aggressive, but when I released her and threw the ball or frisbee, it was just play time. She even shared her toys, taking turns with the other dog retrieving and just having fun running around.
I realize she has not forgotten being attacked, and now that she is a big girl, she obviously thinks that's how she is supposed to treat strange dogs. I would like to correct this behavior without curbing her protective instinct.
Once we were at a friend's house with other dogs. The neighbor's dog kept inching closer to my leg under the table and growling. My GS put up with it as long as she could, but when the other dog was too close to me, she barked at it in warning. My friend has an older rescued female who is wildly aggressive to Zelda, but she does not respond, only puts herself between me and this dog with no reaction at all. In the car, however, the sight of another dog sets her off.
When I am driving (on our country roads) and she starts barking as we drive by a dog, I brake somewhat suddenly, getting her attention on keeping her balance, and telling her, "Ah-ah" which is what I say instead of "no."
This is a dog on whose paw I can leave a bison meatball, tell her to leave it, and go out of the room. That meatball will still be on her paw when I return, even 10 minutes later. She is a great dog, but most uncomfortable about strange dogs, her only shortcoming.
Fortunately the local boarding kennel is run by a woman who is most astute about doggy dynamics and knows how to match Zelda up with likely playmates. Zelda loves to go there, and perhaps I should take her there more often.
Any insights are appreciated - but only from people who have high standards for canine behavior. My dogs do not sleep in our bed, get on the furniture, or jump on people. Frankly, I am not interested in advice from people who allow that sort of behavior.
This sounds a lot like my boy, in fact I could have written your post minus the car issues so I wouldn't have given any advice just taken the benefit of what the other posters had to say - but when I got to the bottom of your posting I have to say I felt like I had been
soccer punched. How very rude of you and what a shame you have alienated one or two people who could probably have given you some very good advice.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Come on guys, ease off.....

Let the professionals deal with it

Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >