View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suzanka
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Betty does many interesting things. I sometimes wonder how she is capable of doing so.
She opens almost any door so I have to lock them if I want to leave her at home.
Since she was a pup, when left alone, she finds something with my smell, takes it to her crate and sleeps like that. I've heard about other dogs who do so but they destroy the objects which they take. But not Betty!
When I bought her first kong and filled with dry food (really well, so that nothing could fall off; she is pretty fast at collecting the food if it's not stuck in well) she tried to get the food as she did before but it was impossible. So I got the toy and threw it towards the ground and a few pieces of food got out. She ate them immediately and REPEATED the same thing! Betty got the toy in her mouth, jumped up and when she was high in the air, she dropped it. More food got out and then she was able to get all the food from the kong out! That amazed me absolutely!
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Hmm, well:

Phoebe (lab) now knows 'babysit' to look after Lupi (Northern inuit pup) and 'fetch Lupi' - which is invaluable if it is dark!

Shadow (staff x) - opens all the doors, too clever for his own good. Particularly if we are trying to keep the dogs contained in a 'safe' area while deliveries, etc are being done (charlie would take the opportunity of a casual stroll round the neighbourhood - safe in the knowledge we'll find him at some point - was a habit he had when we took him in from the rescue center).

Charlie (lab x) - has 'his' spot at bedtime, right next to me and he knows it and will never give it up (sorry Lupi). He also watches 'play' with Lupi and Phoebe and immediately steps in between them if they get over-excited and also when Shadow, who doesn't like any of them is being growly. He kisses very gently.

Lupi - just too cute to be true. Learning and growing very rapidly. Picks up a lot of basic commands from the others - particularly SIT and OFF. Starts puppy classes in 2 weeks and then I may come back with more on him!

pxxuk
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2006, 09:40 PM
What clever dogs we all have!!

Snoop also knows the name of his toys and certain people too. He gives cuddles and kisses gently when asked. He knows when I am walking from one room to the next upstairs when he is downstairs at the other end of the garden! He knows mine and my parents cars by sound and he knows when they are going to be here without me giving him a clue - he sits and looks out of my bedroom window waiting for the car and then runs to the back gate with his belly and tail going nine to the dozen! He knows exactly how to get food out of SEALED bags... have now had to lock him out of the kitchen when I am not in so I do have food to come home to!!!

He knows when he's been bad because he just goes into his bed and lies down with his ears down... I dont say a word. And if I come in and he hasn't been naughty he grins at me nodding his head up and down repeatedly and hops from one paw to the other... he looks as if he is laughing :smt005

Oh and on the stupid side, he sits and watches The Planets Funniest Animals but looks at the back and sides of the TV because he cant work out where they have gone!

He also suffers with the selective deafness and "pretend you dont know what they are on about" gag!
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Emm
Barney can open doors and baby gates and both Barney and Jack know each cat by their name (if you call the cats name they will go to the right cat) and they also know daddy and mummy.
and Aunti Yvonne!!!!!!

Suki will wipe her feet if asked to on her towel when she comes in the house. Her mum however has a basin of water at the back door that she stands in first then wipes her feet!!!!
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Missy knows the names of all her toys and various household objects. If I ask her to "bring" something specific, she thinks for a few seconds then goes and fetches the right thing. She also fetches letters and tells me when the phone rings (she comes to me wherever I am in the house then runs back and sits by the phone). If my alarm goes off and I go back to sleep, she wakes me up and pulls the covers off ! I also have to talk in code sometimes as she knows which words mean she's going out or being fed. If I drop something, she picks it up and gives it to me,( handy as I have a bad back sometimes). I'm sure she's really an assistance dog in disguise, a Retriever in a Staffie body !
strawboss
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-08-2006, 11:48 PM
The weirdest thing Maya's ever done was when my niece gave us a calender of Airedales as she couldn't find Welshies....the first picture was a closeup "mugshot"
& it hung on the wall for days until I heard her "talking" went into the room & she was jumping at it.

I took it off the wall , brought it down to her level when she crept up to it sniffed at it then looked behind it! Made the hair on the back of my neck stand up....
She never did it again!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 09:36 PM
ben knows the names for all his toys, and he has quite a few, normally they are in the corner in the hallway, but they had been picked up and placed on a blanket chest, and ben had been playing with *puppy* and he decided to put that one away (which he did) he then went and got *teddy* to play with. i couldnt beleive it a dog who tidys up after himself
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Well Pickles is stupid full stop, so that's that question answered!

Woody, hmm? Well he knows when I've changed my trousers into walking ones cos he goes nuts when I walk into the room!

Isla learnt how to escape her pen after a couple of weeks. So I pinned the exposed area together and she climbed over the top!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 08:54 AM
My last dog Bo used to always chew through his shampoo bottle so we couldn't give him a bath, he would find it no matter where we hid it, or would run and hide as soon as we turned the water on or picked up a towel
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-08-2006, 01:29 PM
tobs as daft as a brush hols not much better.
but the light buld flicks on when theres a goodie in store or a lead appears.
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »