View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 04:14 PM
When it came to researching Chis, and looking at prices....thewy do vary a LOT - and thats for the same 'standard' of pup.
There is no way I could ever afford more than £1000 per pup (I didn't really want to pay that much tbh - means I would have more to spend on the pups!), but there are some breeders asking £2000 and even more for a pup of the same quality of the ones I've got.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I would rather no price that POA..
Now in my head that means expensive lol..
To me it means "You are not worthy!".

My parents paid more than the going rate for Barney, but price was never discussed. They wanted a well bred, show line Lab from fully health tested parents and Barney fitted the bill perfectly so they were willing to pay over the odds.

It was the same when I bought Isla, I wanted a pup from that particular breeder so price would never have been an issue.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I've seen breeders on forums say that if someone asked them the price of the pups at any point then they wouldn't even consider selling them a pup It certainly wouldn't be the first thing on my mind but I would definitely need to know how much buying the pup would cost me!

Perhaps they expect people to have an endless supply of money then or maybe is a ruse to rip people off ! yes people should research but a lot don't so maybe some breeders think they can get more money out of people if they don't advertise price ?

Aren't people entitled to know how much they are expected to pay then at least if its more than anticipated they wouldn't be wasting the breeders time
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Perhaps they expect people to have an endless supply of money then or maybe is a ruse to rip people off ! yes people should research but a lot don't so maybe some breeders think they can get more money out of people if they don't advertise price ?

Aren't people entitled to know how much they are expected to pay then at least if its more than anticipated they wouldn't be wasting the breeders time
Never heard of a breeder trying to get more out a
potental puppy buyer just because they haven;t advertised the price ..Any buyer surely should be aware of the average cost of their chosen breed.
and most breeders are only too happy to talk puppies and cost
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Shrap View Post
Of course it DOES. But it SHOULDN'T. These people shouldn't own dogs if they don't care! Or shouldn't be buying a puppy anyway. If they really don't care, they can rescue.
WTF is that supposed to mean
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by rough View Post
potental puppy buyer just because they haven;t advertised the price ..Any buyer surely should be aware of the average cost of their chosen breed.
Maybe you haven't "heard" of a breeder doing it but there must be plenty about, if they don't advertise their price then they can charge what they like can't they and like i said not everyones does do extensive research, i'm saying thats right but thats reality. There are some unscruplulous breeders just as there are scrupulous.

Obviously going by some of the reactions on here some breeders wouldn't be happy about talking prices which is why i made this post in the first place !
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by rough View Post
Where do you find out the average prices of breeds without asking tons of breeders though? A search online just brought up tons of ads for me. Kennel club site wasn't any use either.

I would hope most breeders would be happy enough to tell a prospective owner how much they'd be expecting to pay for one of their pups but as I say, I've seen quite a lot online say they wouldn't sell to anyone who had the cheek to ask about price at any point. I find that very odd to be honest.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Maybe you haven't "heard" of a breeder doing it but there must be plenty about, if they don't advertise their price then they can charge what they like can't they and like i said not everyones does do extensive research, i'm saying thats right but thats reality. There are some unscruplulous breeders just as there are scrupulous.

Obviously going by some of the reactions on here some breeders wouldn't be happy about talking prices which is why i made this post in the first place !
Dont really understand this, most breeders have a price and stick to it. I wouldnt neccessarily put a price on a website if I had one as selling pups wouldnt be the main reason for getting a site. However if anyone rang up the price would be the same as it would be on the sites I sell my pups on such as the KC.
Shrap
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2011, 05:21 PM
WTF is that supposed to mean
It means that anyone who doesn't care if they're buying from a good or bad breeder, should not be buying a puppy.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Where do you find out the average prices of breeds without asking tons of breeders though? A search online just brought up tons of ads for me. Kennel club site wasn't any use either.

I would hope most breeders would be happy enough to tell a prospective owner how much they'd be expecting to pay for one of their pups but as I say, I've seen quite a lot online say they wouldn't sell to anyone who had the cheek to ask about price at any point. I find that very odd to be honest.
I agree

Common sense tells me it would prevent a lot of time wasters too

Off topic but i remember once i phoned up about a job in the newspaper but the salary wasn't advertised so when i phoned up i asked in conversation how much and the woman asked me why i wanted to know
Page 5 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »