Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Yessssssssssss, a major step in the procedure!! Such a relief when you can stop worrying about those stitches.

Give Eddie a huge cuddle from me, and tell him well done for being so good.
The nurse loved him. He loved her.

He was scaredy as a weeny shi tzu barked at him when we got to the vets.....but after his stitches were out obviously he was unstoppable as he was prepared to eat a whole labrador....well, at least bark like he could.

I'm hoping he lets the wound dry a bit now they have gone, and thinking about some hydrotherapy.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Update:
Eddie has started going out round the block for little walks on his own, ie not with Tonto or they'll both charge everywhere.
He does walk on his leg when I make him walk as he has always skipped like a jessie, and if he skips now he does have a tendancy to keep the bad leg of the ground.
I walk him with his sniffs on the right so he has to cock his good leg to scent, and he does.

He was limping quite badly earlier this week and when I checked his pad his normal black pads had a big, baby pink skinned bit on the bad leg pad, as if he'd taken the skin off the pad at some point or had developed a blister that had healed. So I'm hoping that's why he was tender on that tootsie.

He is back to the vets on Thursday afternoon for a check up so will ask about hydrotherapy then.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 07:34 PM
He's coming on well...........good good good

That sore pad will heal quite quickly I am sure, and fingers crossed that the Thursday check up will pronounce him well on the road to recovery.

Good boy Eddie!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 08:43 PM
It's good to hear that he is recovering well. I hope the vet check goes well.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Ooops I seem to have missed this entirely, sorry Becs ('tho I was away when you did the OP)

Anyway, so glad the op. went well and little Eddie is recovering well. I am told that cruciate ligament problems are comon in Newfies so I am particularly interested in how the little chap makes out, keep us posted please
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Vets again today.

Vets very happy with him, the joint is feeling nice and stable and his twice daily gentle SLOW walks are working well as he is using all four feet.

The vet was impressed with my idea of keeping hedges on the right so he has to cock his good leg lol

So......back in 3 weeks for his next check up then he may be able to go off lead a bit.

Oh and he's doing too well for hydrotherapy
Tonto would've loved it, he's a water babe, but Eddie likes to keep one paw on the bottom
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Excellent news.
Hope he continues to make progressive progress.

I always feel for them when they have any of these type of ops, as I have personal experience of it myself.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Wonderful news Well done to both you and Eddie - recovery from this op is a team effort, and you are both stars.
tilskie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Glad everything is going well
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5