View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 01:18 PM
He is beautiful. His dad is sooo handsome too.

My gosh he is huge. Gonna be a very big boy. I'd love to see more pics of him when he's fully grown.

Very interesting infor on the colours too xx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 01:24 PM
One very cute dane pup - we have a few danes at ring craft - stunning breed
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 09:22 PM
K so I asked questions of the merle experts on the deaf dog yahoo group, because I was extremely curious how a dog that comes from a harle x mantle looks like a double merle. So, according to them, Harle and merle genes work together to cause harle dogs, but the pups can get just the merle, or just the harle gene, but if they only get the harle gene, then the gene hides itself until a merle gene is present to work with, but if they only get the merle gene, then the pup will be a merle. The mostly white coat comes from the white spotting gene, or extreme white, which mantles often carry, and often that dog will have a split head (like this puppy) so therefore this pup is a single merle (which is proven by the parents) with extreme white spotting gene (which incidentally can cause deafness, and is the same gene that causes deafness in Boxers).

Merle genetics is facinating for me, which is why I asked
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Tis fascinating.
In his litter, there were 2 mantles, 3 merleqins, and one (looked) solid merle, or possible a mantle merle? (hard to tell form the pictures)
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5