View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 05:29 PM
It IS shocking, it is one of the worst cases of dog abuse I have seen for years, I am surprised that Animal Welfare have not confiscated this dog for being over groomed (whatever that can possibly be)!

Obviously the fashion police need to be called because of the terrible outfits.

I think a few years in jail and being banned for life for spending money on how she wants is the least that can happen.

I also think that those people who spend huge amounts of money on various collars, leads, bandanas, bowls, coats, not to mention who purchase birthday and christmas presents should be vilified with immediate effect.

These are crimes beyond belief perpetrated on dogs who should be left unclean, unwashed, unbathed, untreated for parasites, and of course to put one's dog's photos or videos on a public internet forum is surely an arrestable offence?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
It IS shocking, it is one of the worst cases of dog abuse I have seen for years, I am surprised that Animal Welfare have not confiscated this dog for being over groomed (whatever that can possibly be)!

I think a few years in jail and being banned for life for spending money on how she wants is the least that can happen.

I also think that those people who spend huge amounts of money on various collars, leads, bandanas, bowls, coats, not to mention who purchase birthday and christmas presents should be vilified with immediate effect.

These are crimes beyond belief perpetrated on dogs who should be left unclean, unwashed, unbathed, untreated for parasites, and of course to put one's dog's photos or videos on a public internet forum is surely an arrestable offence?
can always count on you for my saturday night entertainment
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 05:51 PM
I haven't said a word about the dogs quality of life, I just quite simply do not find him cute and think he looks rather odd with that haircut. Cruel? Not unless he's one of those dogs who's carried around all the time and never given the chance to be a dog. That's not something I can tell from the link posted.

Give me a scruffy looking dog any day, they're cute. And by scruffy I don't mean ungroomed and filthy, I mean dogs with rough and rather untidy looking coats.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Sorry folks , I am afraid Boo doesn't appeal to me in any way and I don't find him at all cute .
He makes me think of one of those toy dogs where you press a button and it goes yap yap yap.

I can think of about 50 Dogsey dogs which come higher on my 'cuteness' scale .
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Not my idea of cute. Obviously the dog doesn't care how his coat is clipped, as long as it's taken care of. The little outfits though...
I can only hope that after the photos are taken he's allowed to do doggy things, if so I don't really see the problem. But not my cup of tea at all.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 08:15 PM

alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Sorry, but I like him

Very cute in my book (but hubby would kill me if I wanted a dog like that lol)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
Sorry, but I like him

Very cute in my book (but hubby would kill me if I wanted a dog like that lol)
Alex you are entitled to your opinion , I would say your dog Ranger to name just one of many on Dogsey is much more cute than Boo
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=154341
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:04 PM

I fail to see why just because some people dont find this dog cute how suddenly we are being accused of saying there is cruelty to this dog?
and of course it opens us to being accused of saying dogs should be negelcted

I dont find dogs like that cute

Everyone is different and likes different things in a dog - which is great and one reason why we have so many different breeds

Why does this thread need to be a fight too? none of us know this dog or owners so it is not an attack on anyone for someone to say they dont find this dog cute

and I have to say I havent seen a single photo of any of the dogsey dogs who look in any way neglected, yup there may be the odd swamp monster shots - but you can see they are well cared for and cleaned
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:06 PM
lol, oh I know my boy is cute (and so does he ), but having a slightly stunted exotic shorthair cat means I'm a bit of a sucker for the 'I'm so ugly I'm cute' type of mutts . I prefer a 'proper' dog overall (no offence to anyone with a toy as I'd love one someday), but there's just something about the pocket pets that tugs at my heartstrings
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >