View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 04:55 PM
I do take your point about their ease of maintenance though!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2011, 05:12 PM
If anyone wants the ultimate egg layer opt for a Leghorn.They're a bit skittish,run like greased lightening and dont tame easily,but they do lay porcelain white eggs and you'll get one almost every day.

If anyones considering keeping poultry (and why not!) you might want to get them from where i do if its not too far.They're innoculated and healthy.

http://www.cambridgepoultry.co.uk/
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I do take your point about their ease of maintenance though!
Yeah,im thinking of getting the hens a mini mop and bucket.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 10:59 PM
I am in love, I have just watched the One Show and there was a GORGEOUS chicken on it, an Indian Game Hen!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2011, 08:08 AM
We used to have a white leghorn and she was brilliant. We got her from a friend and she must have been over 10 when she died. She is the only chicken that I have ever buried lol.

We have got some black leghorn eggs under our broody hen and I'm really hoping they hatch as I do like them.

OH like indian game and is wanting to get some from a friend, as he has a load in his incubator at the moment.

Helen
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2011, 11:15 AM
We are supposed to be getting more hatching eggs on Monday - not sure of breed yet!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Is that from your FIL? You'll have your own chicken-opolis lol Any recent photos of what you have got now? How old are they, I can't remember when they hatched.

Helen
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Yep, FIL bringing them tomorrow and I have now found out they are black leghorns.

I haven't taken any pics of the others, as they aren't cute anymore I will take a pic for you tomorrow. They are now nearly 2 months old (I think!) - will have to check the dates on the calendar!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Yep, FIL bringing them tomorrow and I have now found out they are black leghorns.

I haven't taken any pics of the others, as they aren't cute anymore I will take a pic for you tomorrow. They are now nearly 2 months old (I think!) - will have to check the dates on the calendar!
ooh,black Leghorns.Look forward to seeing them.
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Hello Just got my first ever chickens today I am over the moon with them. Got 4 black copper marans and within the first hour of them arriving home with me they laid me an egg lovely chocolate brown one and very tasty too.

I'm so exited I' sitting here now wishing I could look at them but don't want to disturb them too much I was told to let them settle before letting them out of their coop.

I have to find names for them I have two names but need two more
1. Gertie
2. Maisy

any suggestions will be most welcome thanks in advance from a very very happy new chicken owner
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >