register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Anyway, do you think site administrators should stay out of debates?
Admin should stay out of debates 3 5.36%
Admin should be allowed to participate in debates 49 87.50%
Don't care 4 7.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Thinking about it, should admin/mods be allowed to moderate a thread that they are actively involved in is more like the question?
I have never seen anyone from the admin team on this forum behave in any way that would make me think they would not be fair when participating in a debate.
So the answer for me would still be a firm yes.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I have never seen anyone from the admin team on this forum behave in any way that would make me think they would not be fair when participating in a debate.
So the answer for me would still be a firm yes.
I never said they have. I just said it mustn't happen imo.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Of course admin should be allowed to participate in debates-its everyones right to be involved and they have as much right to voice their opinions as the next person.

However,they should not be allowed to close threads if its not going their way or perhaps verbally bully someone because they dont share their point of view or at worst case-ban members for same reasons (have seen this on another forum).Yes,sometimes debates get heated,but we're all adults and if you cannot handle critism then stay out of them.
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Absolutely, Admin should be allowed to join in debate, otherwise there wouldn't be any.

I've been on other GSD forums where the admin seem to have somewhat of a clique and use it to bully other users. Thread censorship was a personal bugbear of mine, quite often contentious threads would disappear. I would prefer them to be closed if absolutely necessary, but still available to view. These places are not for me. I'm new here but so far ive not found that.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5