View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:27 PM
LOL Your google is a bit tame if thats all its come up with, I'm sure Zena has had far more exotic than that
Don't worry Kyiro went 24 hours without doing anything and then he done a bit that looked constipated and then was totally normal which he still is.
Zenas tummy like Kyiros is probably fairly empty and the chicken has dried everything up and most has been absorbed. This is probably her turnaround point and hopefully in the morning she will do you a nice little packet with some shape to it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Yayyy, I got a semi formed dollop of brown this morning, but the really good news is, I now know exactly WHY she is sometimes feeling sick in the mornings and has probably got this giardia for the 3rd time!!!

Watching tv last night, Zena lying asleep in front of french doors, all of a sudden we saw a shadow on the decking, then we saw a pair of bright eyes peering in at us through the glass On investigation, it was a fox, who had the audacity, to saunter off, take a poo next to the flower pot and turn around and stare back at us as if to say "take it outta that" lol!!!!!!!!

Then Dave begins to tell me how every morning when he lets the dogs out Zena always makes a bee-line for that flower pot and sometimes he sees her eat something

That explains everything! This morning when I went out there to clean up, I noticed anoother lot of fox poo, (I cleared up last night's one!) in the very same spot, so he obviously took umbridge to the fact that his previous poop was gone, so he took another one on his way back home! I knew I'd get to the bottom of this one day, so I'm on the case lol!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 07:45 AM
So glad you have got to the bottom of it all! Lily likes to roll in fox poo rather than eat it and I will not moan about it at all now! I'd rather have to bath her than see her poorly!

I just cannot imagine why dogs feel the need to eat something as revolting as fox poo! All the lovely foods you give Zena and she eats that!!!

Hugs to my favourite Shepherd, so glad she is 'moving' along now! xxxx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Glad Zena is on the mend. Get well wishes from us xxxxxx And tell her not to eat poo!!!!!!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Oh my! Who'd have thought a fox would be the cause of all this! Isn't it typical of a bloke not to mention she always made a bee-line for that area - sounds like Sid

Glad she did a semi-normal motion and not a pancake anyway! Well the detective work paid off in the end anyway, hope she continues to improve quickly
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 09:38 AM
So glad Zena is on the road to recovery. I should put a notice up telling Foxes to KEEP OUT

Mine are really into rabbit droppings at the moment which are all over the fields - driving me mad.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
So glad you have got to the bottom of it all! Lily likes to roll in fox poo rather than eat it and I will not moan about it at all now! I'd rather have to bath her than see her poorly!

I just cannot imagine why dogs feel the need to eat something as revolting as fox poo! All the lovely foods you give Zena and she eats that!!!

Hugs to my favourite Shepherd, so glad she is 'moving' along now! xxxx
I know, she has the best of the best food wise and yet she prefers this! Lol, she also likes to roll in it if I don't get there first when out and about! Thanks for her hugs, she really is on one this morning, full of beans instead of you know what!!!! xxxxx

Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Glad Zena is on the mend. Get well wishes from us xxxxxx And tell her not to eat poo!!!!!!!
Thanks werewolf, she's always been a bit inclined this way, she used to eat her own, but much prefers fox's now!!!

Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Oh my! Who'd have thought a fox would be the cause of all this! Isn't it typical of a bloke not to mention she always made a bee-line for that area - sounds like Sid

Glad she did a semi-normal motion and not a pancake anyway! Well the detective work paid off in the end anyway, hope she continues to improve quickly
Thanks AM! I should have realised the other week when I noticed all the scratch marks on our driveway gates on one corner at the top, but who would have thought he'd have the cheek to peer in at us like that, totally unphased by us getting up and thank goodness Zena was zonked out this side of the french doors totally oblivious! Of course, I've googled again, and yes, fox poo carries giardia, sorted!!

I've rung the vet and she's going to ask if we can do the 3 days of Granofen when Zena is all better just to make doubly sure it's totally gone, and I will just have to get up even earlier than Dave now at 5.30 am to let her out so I can keep a strict eye on her! I'm so glad this answers my questions about how we have a happy, bouncy, lively dog at 6 am and then it all goes downhill half an hour later after he's let her out! Men! Why don't they notice things like this! Too lazy to watch her from the kitchen window!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
So glad Zena is on the road to recovery. I should put a notice up telling Foxes to KEEP OUT

Mine are really into rabbit droppings at the moment which are all over the fields - driving me mad.
Thanks Sue, I think we're going to be ok now phew! Yes, the last time we had a bout of this, we used to have a wild rabbit coming into the big garden, and my two would race out there to hoover up the droppings, and after Googling (as yer do!), yet again, rabbit droppings also carry this giardia - I'm bladdy obsessed with it lol!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Glad to hear Zena is on the mend. Fox poo yuk.

A walking friend of mine's litle cocker ate some food last new years the neighbours down the end are always putting food out for them and she became ill the vet said fox's wee on it to ward off other animals eating it they then go back the next day to finish it off.

I know its not quite the same thing but all related in some way or other. I stopped Ollie bombing off down there to hoover up anything he could find long before this happened thank goodness.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Have been following poor Zena's bowel movements with interest we've all been there at some point I think and it's so worrying. Very glad to hear she is both on the mend and that you have found the cause of all the suffering.
My two find the cat's offerings a big delicacy and I often wonder about the health aspect of them eating that, I do worm the cats regularly but you can't monitor what they munch outside can you? Hugs to Zena and your poor hubby. It certainly pays to be a deep sleeper sometimes doesn't it?
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >