Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by TangoCharlie View Post
It is a nutritional program aimed at her client's aggressive dogs. It's purely optional.
I have a feeling that you can give seratonin (?) and get a similar result---not sure if I hvae the right name for it??

rune
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I have a feeling that you can give seratonin (?) and get a similar result---not sure if I hvae the right name for it??

rune

ahhh good ole 5htp??
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post

rune
Thats it.
This program recommends feeding carbs after the main meal.
GeorgiesMum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-11-2010, 09:33 AM
I've done a little research on the topic of protein and it depends on the health of the dog as go whether a high or low protein diet is recommended. Dogs with liver issues like mine should be on a low protein diet as they are not able to process protein and it results in toxins in the blood stream which, in some cases, leads to aggression. I feed my girl a low protein vet food and she is now thriving whereas previously she was very thin and didn't want to eat as food made her feel nauseous. She was never aggressive but it is a symptom of HE.

I think that unless you have been advised to feed a high protein diet you should stick to a more balanced one. No more than about 25% protein (mine is on under 15%)
GJB
New Member!
Male 

29-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I had my bullmastiff litter on 32% protein natural dry food and they constantly done the toilet and got a bit too heavy.I changed it to 23% natural dry and they are much better toilet wise and in great shape.The pups attitudes never changed at all though.
Make sure its a natural diet as others have said.
Hope thats of some help!!!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5