Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I'm not that fussed about weddings generally but have no issue with the public purse paying for the wedding, the Royals bring in a massive amount of tourism and hence revenue for the country and while they don't feature very large in my life I'd rather keep them than get rid of them. I think they earn their keep in general and at least he seems to be marrying for love unlike his parents.
Good post..
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 05:27 PM
If tax payers money is being spent on the wedding...then i'm requesting them to pay for mine

Got refused cancer treatment by the NHS, so my tax has to be given back to me somehow
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Sorry if I appear like I'm a misery guts - I'm not really - honest

But as I get older I do find things bother me more and more. It's like waaaaay too many people have their priorities all screwed up.
:
That is weird that because the older I get the less I care, because I know you can't fight about everything.

I am pleased about the wedding and who pays for it I dont care, hardly gonna make any differance to me.

Last I heard there was over 60 million in this country if we all popped 50p in a box that would be one heck of a knees up.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Couldn't care less, to be honest.

I agree with Azz.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I am awaiting my invite ...
Mine arrived this morning............now what shall I wear
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Can I also just say - it is NOT a celebrity wedding. It is the wedding of a really nice guy, to a really nice girl, who are in love and who also happen to be 2nd in line to the throne. It is part of our British heritage and when I heard about it I can honestly say the only thing I felt was happiness for them. They seem very in love.
I'll second that, well said.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Mine arrived this morning............now what shall I wear
I go giddy at the thought of you in peach taffeta!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I think it is wonderful news
Hear hear

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Well to be honest, I dont care who pays for it, its about time the country had something to smile about and give them something to look forward to.

And from the reaction on TV (and here) this morning, this wedding will do it!

Good luck to them for the future!
Good post, I agree, good news at last.

This country has a lot to be proud of, and I don't know about anyone else but I don't need some 'celebrity' wedding to make me smile or give me something to 'look forward to'. And I certainly don't wish to fund their extravagance when so many people are finding themselves in poverty!
This country needs far more feel good news stories and what better than the engagement of our future King.

You know someone's lost their argument when the petulant name-calling begins!

Your post did act as a useful reminder tho - that 'most' people have been so dumbed down by the media/celebrity culture that they think 'wasting' tax payers money on somebody's wedding is more worthwhile than spending it helping those who really need it. *sigh
Uncalled for.

Sorry if I appear like I'm a misery guts - I'm not really - honest

But as I get older I do find things bother me more and more. It's like waaaaay too many people have their priorities all screwed up.
  • I'd rather help the needy, not the rich.
  • I'd rather see progress, not see us go back to the dark ages.
  • I'd like to see true scientific advancement, not be held back by 'big' corporations just so they can make a bit more money! (And rape the planet while they're at it!)
  • I'd like to see people make up their own minds on things - not get taken in by propaganda/dogma and media agendas so easily.
  • I'd like us to read more books and educate ourselves...

My list could go on
Off Topic

My faith in humanity is restored here's a few of the 'comments' on the BBC website (from the first 20 visible comments - and no I didn't post any of them lol):

*runs
Do we need to sink to the level of BBC message boards

My faith in this country has been restored by the interest and support for our Royal family at the news of Prince Williams engagement.
I will chip in for the do if they are short
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2010, 09:19 PM
One thing i noticed that he never even bought her a ring he used a 2nd hand one ...lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I go giddy at the thought of you in peach taffeta!

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
My faith in this country has been restored by the interest and support for our Royal family at the news of Prince Williams engagement.
Those people who have posted somewhat negative thoughts above really should try living in a country which has just emerged from 45 years of 'equality' and 'communal dictate' which was what communism was. The interest in the British Royal familly was always strong here even while the communiists were in power. Now it is even stronger and I can assure you that most people are quite envious that we have a Royal family.
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »