View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 08:43 PM
So the RSPCA can take a dog that belongs to somebody else, from YOUR property without the owner's knowledge?
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-10-2011, 08:49 PM
they didnt just take her they collected her from my house and took her to his place were they then legally took her to be treated and rehomed
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Why? Is she going to hit you? Sorry, but if I see someone abusing a dog I can`t stop myself.
eta - call the RSPCA or dog warden if you don`t want to get involved.
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
So you are more afraid of the old woman than what is happening to the dog?

Hmmmmmm logical.

Therefore what she is doing cannot be that bad can it if you are happy for her to continue?
When they're both in full flight I would risk getting either myself or my own dog bitten by the dog and I'm pretty sure verbal abuse (which I can live with - I'm thick skinned). This dog gets so frantic that I would have to tie my own dog up and persuaded her to go round a corner to be heard. I'm not prepared to abandon my own dog in the street to give behavioural advice to someone who probably doesn't want it.

I don't know her address, only the rough area and you never see her at a set time. But a couple of the others have mentioned reporting her to the dog warden and RSPCA. Have no idea if anything has been done.

To be honest, I've never bumped into her when I've been out without my dog. I probably would have a kind word with her if I did and explain if she stayed calm the dog wouldn't react anywhere near as badly. Quite obviously it's impossible to do that when I'm out with my own dog as I'd need a megaphone. If I got told to eff off by her, so be it... preferably on a dry day when she's not got a brolly with her.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Seeing Whisper shy (less and less already as she grows in confidence) at a shadow or a movement of a hand is reason enough to never, ever hit a dog.

Someone else hit her and kicked her. She is also terrified of aerosols so goodness knows how someone 'used' a spray on her....

I don't even know what they found to 'punish'. She is as good a dog as you could hope to meet.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 08:59 PM
A dog's nose is a very vital, senistive part of it's body.

Smacking it would be similar to your brother getting his nuts smacked. Not good.

Feel free to do a practical demonstration on your brother to help him understand this.

Bet that would make him flinchy too!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Hanlou View Post
Seeing Whisper shy (less and less already as she grows in confidence) at a shadow or a movement of a hand is reason enough to never, ever hit a dog.

Someone else hit her and kicked her. She is also terrified of aerosols so goodness knows how someone 'used' a spray on her....

I don't even know what they found to 'punish'. She is as good a dog as you could hope to meet.
how do u know that?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
A dog's nose is a very vital, senistive part of it's body.

Smacking it would be similar to your brother getting his nuts smacked. Not good.

Feel free to do a practical demonstration on your brother to help him understand this.

Bet that would make him flinchy too!
lol see...thats why your back put so well
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
lol see...thats why your back put so well
Lol I'm quite sure you'd have put it in a similar way if I was still on my break
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't hit a dog anywhere let alone on the nose or head! Well, not unless the dog was bent on attacking anyway but that's a different situation. I want my dog to see hands as a good thing, not as something that brings pain, discomfort or distress. He was terribly hand shy when I got him and he will still flinch away from a sudden hand movement from someone he doesn't know well. If I pretend to slap him though it's an invitation to play
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by marley123 View Post
they didnt just take her they collected her from my house and took her to his place were they then legally took her to be treated and rehomed
Or left ina kennel for 14 days and pts
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >