Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
I had to go and look I only had him two weeks, it felt so much longer!!
I had Scruffy for just over two months (he was a bit more complicated)
Ollie for a month
It is really weird I try to think that they are going to a good home, but then worry kicks in. I know in fact that they are landing on their feet, I guess it is just the 'what if's' that get me and the fact I could so easily keep them as well
I do homechecks as well so if i always go into homes thinking "would i be happy to leave my dogs here ? - if the answer is no then the dog stays with me
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 10:22 AM
No,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, why do you think i ended up with 5 springers, was only ever meant to be two am well over 40 fosters now and everyone has taken a little bit of me with them to their new home, 3 i just couldn't let go
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I do homechecks as well so if i always go into homes thinking "would i be happy to leave my dogs here ? - if the answer is no then the dog stays with me
If I did home checks none of them would go I would find a reason, but yes, I would be strict too
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
No,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, why do you think i ended up with 5 springers, was only ever meant to be two am well over 40 fosters now and everyone has taken a little bit of me with them to their new home, 3 i just couldn't let go
Maybe that is it with me, Scruffy and Noodle has taken a bit of me with them as I could have weakened in my resolve and kept them, but didn't. Hopefully I can make it a while before I give in of they might not let me have more dogs
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Did you say yes to the two cresteds
I try to remind my self of that, but whhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy can't I keep them all and they are just fantastic little dogs.
I am the same, would love it if they could tell us where they have come from and yes, I would love to find their breeders/owners as well.
Yes we said yes, couldnt ever say no Not sure we are having them now though there coming from one rescue into another and may have found foster homes nearer to their current foster home with possibly a forever home. but we are here if still needs be!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Yes we said yes, couldnt ever say no Not sure we are having them now though there coming from one rescue into another and may have found foster homes nearer to their current foster home with possibly a forever home. but we are here if still needs be!
gotta love it when it gets complicated. Hopefully they come to you and get to meet all you lovely CC's as well.
We now have a JRT cross, she is so scared of everything, I miss Noodles so much but by letting him go I have made a place for this girl (Jess) she is rather big compared to my lot but even scared of my little boys
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 04:26 PM
aw bless her, with a few days of love im sure she will learn that its not such a bad place and will settle down.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2010, 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
aw bless her, with a few days of love im sure she will learn that its not such a bad place and will settle down.
Hopefully, have a feeling she was mistreated, she is a chook killer and I think she have been told off (trying not to assume physical violence) as she is terrified of my OH, when he is the one they go to more as I do all the mean things like cut their nails, bath them etc.
Her reaction is totally different she will come to me but if he walks by her she cringes and runs off, if I call her and am sitting beside my OH she won't come (the closest she would come would 2 metres way, when we are in the back yard, she sat over the other side and just watched us and the other dogs. She is even scared of Louis, who is the best non intrusive dog to meet, she almost folded in half when they first met.
Liver treats work wonders and got my OH to try and have all the good stuff and bribe her, which seems to be slowly working. It is going to take some time, definitely longer than the others but with some time and TLC we will get her there.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5