View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Lorkie is better than Dorkie (Dachshund/Yorkie apparently).
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I came across one advertised at a local pet shot the other day and I actually had to ask what it was, a Lorkie.....

A yorkie cross Lhasa!!!!!!

For goodness sakes!
A Yapso would be more appropriate
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Lorkie is better than Dorkie (Dachshund/Yorkie apparently).
Oh my goodness!

Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
A Yapso would be more appropriate
Ha ha ha!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 07:51 PM
We met a posh-talking lady with a little cross-breed recently and I asked her what it was and she replied "Cavachon"!

It was a pretty little dog but didn't look like one you had paid a few hundred quid for but each to their own.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 04:05 AM
Whats worse, is a lot of these "special" designer breeds end up in shelters, without anyone knowing their breeding. A labradoodle or a goldendoodle may get called a poodle cross, a lab cross, a gr cross... a Schnoodle might get called a terrier mix, or a poodle mix, a sprocker will inevitably be called a spaniel mix, a sprollie called a collie mix..... etc.... These mixes are just that, mixes. They don't conform to a breed standard, and are very hard to pick out what breeds they actually are. So the next home is getting a really expensive "designer" dog for the same price as any other dog, they are no better than any other dog, be it purebred or mutt. Dogs are dogs. My Sister's Westie, who came from a reputable breeder, and cost an arm and a leg, is no better than my Terrier Mix Oliver, whom I got for nothing. He is better trained, knows way more tricks, is a fantastic guard dog, is going to be phenomenal at Canine Freestyle, Annabelle is not as well trained, but she is really good for a laugh, and is a great running partner for my sister, and is exactly what she wanted in a pet. Does a fancy name, or a pedigree, or the fact that the dog is a rescue make one better than the other? absolutely not. In the end, they're all dogs and we love them.

I never blame the dog, I truly love them all, be it purebred, mutt or crossbreed.... what I absolutely HATE is the ridiculous names people are using to make a profit on an animal that is overpopulated to begin with. is "Irish Wolfadoodle" really necessary? People here breed Shih Tsu's to Bichon's CONSTANTLY. they are everywhere. They don't have a fancy name, here, they are called Bichon Shih Tsu's. It's still a designer dog, but without the ridiculous name.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5