View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Good luck for the future and for making a positive decision about your future, as people keep telling me (im not particularly happy with my life either) lifes not a rehearsal x
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Oh Steph, Im so sorry to hear how unhappy you've been. You have such strength within you and are being incredibly strong in planning the future. Well done hun! Sometimes we have to admit that we are in a relationship thats not working. Thats half the battle. I hope the chance of that house works out. I wish you health, wealth and happiness for what ever the future holds for you. Good luck mate. xx
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Really sorry to read your news Steph but you gotta do what makes you happy really and fair play to you for following your heart and doing what is best for you.

I hope everything works out well for you but i'm sure it will do.
mumof5
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2010, 09:21 PM
good luck for the future, you deserve to be happy and its fantastic that you are going for it

xxx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Best of luck to you - it's difficult to make the decision & get out of a rut when you know your not happy - but you only get one life, so you have to live it. It's brave to face it & it's good that it's amicable. xx
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Oh sweetie...I'm so sorry to hear this I wish I could make things better for you. It's so hard to split up isn't it?! I know how you feel. I split with my first hubby but I have to say the making the decision was the hardest part of it.
You are very brave to make that decision, you really are. I admire you.
Wales is very beautiful. I live in North Wales and they're desperate for foster carers around here. If you decide you want to move here and need a friend...please get in touch. I know it's a bit raw now but your positive decision to move on is one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do.
I'll be thinking of you and I'm sending you big hugs )))))) XXXXXXXX
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2010, 05:18 AM
Sounds like things are moving forward in a very positive way, Steph.

Let me know if there's ANYTHING I can do to support you......

x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2010, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
My dear granny used to say "You don't miss the water till the well runs dry" xxxxx
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
You are a very strong person Steph, with so much care and love in your heart, but I think you have been pushed too far this time.... the old adage "you don't know what you've got, til its gone" will probably be very apt. Its such a shame you don't live closer as I would love to help you out in some way... take care hun xxxx
Originally Posted by Sarah & Mike View Post
Good for you Steph! From reading this you sound very level headed and have thought through the decision properly. You are a very brave person to actually realise you are unhappy and get out of there. As others have said, it's better to leave than to stay for all the wrong reasons!

Good luck with everything and I'm sure its for the best.

Take care
Sarah x
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Best of luck, it sounds like it is very much the right thing for you to do. Hope the houses work out as well, that would be great.

Take care

rune
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Just to add---if you need a brilliant soliciter we have one locally---unfortunately I didn't know of her when I was divorced and got well fleeced by soliciters and ex husband.

She fights for everything!

rune
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Good luck for the future and for making a positive decision about your future, as people keep telling me (im not particularly happy with my life either) lifes not a rehearsal x
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Oh Steph, Im so sorry to hear how unhappy you've been. You have such strength within you and are being incredibly strong in planning the future. Well done hun! Sometimes we have to admit that we are in a relationship thats not working. Thats half the battle. I hope the chance of that house works out. I wish you health, wealth and happiness for what ever the future holds for you. Good luck mate. xx
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Really sorry to read your news Steph but you gotta do what makes you happy really and fair play to you for following your heart and doing what is best for you.

I hope everything works out well for you but i'm sure it will do.
Originally Posted by mumof5 View Post
good luck for the future, you deserve to be happy and its fantastic that you are going for it

xxx
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Best of luck to you - it's difficult to make the decision & get out of a rut when you know your not happy - but you only get one life, so you have to live it. It's brave to face it & it's good that it's amicable. xx
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Oh sweetie...I'm so sorry to hear this I wish I could make things better for you. It's so hard to split up isn't it?! I know how you feel. I split with my first hubby but I have to say the making the decision was the hardest part of it.
You are very brave to make that decision, you really are. I admire you.
Wales is very beautiful. I live in North Wales and they're desperate for foster carers around here. If you decide you want to move here and need a friend...please get in touch. I know it's a bit raw now but your positive decision to move on is one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do.
I'll be thinking of you and I'm sending you big hugs )))))) XXXXXXXX
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Sounds like things are moving forward in a very positive way, Steph.

Let me know if there's ANYTHING I can do to support you......

x0x
and there was me thinking I was a Billy no Mates
Thank you all again, this next couple of months is going to be hard as Im playing the role of ''all's ok really'' I realised last night when he came home from work he obviously feels it was a hissie fit, kiss on the cheek, ''hiya had me a hard day Im just off swimming with Carol (his daughter) see you after 9'' and that was at 7, plus hed been out at work for 9 hours....... so that was 11 hours on my own with a interval of 15mins viewing he got back at 9.30 had his tea, said he was kn**kered and went to bed
Even the dogs greet him like a long lost friend now
The amount of people (other friends in fostering) that have said to me ''OFFS Steph, don't put up with this, your so much better than that, your being treated like head cook,bottle washer,housekeeper and painter and decorator''

He never asked how training went, what it was about ....nought. He's supposed to be my support carer too, he's been to no training what-so-ever and he should go to 3 a year.
I've really tried with this relationship more over the last 3 years to talk myself into ''changing'' as he says Im selfish, but I realise now that if I change then Im no longer me am I.

Rune I will have the solicitors name off you hun please, as I left my ex hubby with everything as the kids stayed with him due to me having no where to go, but as soon as I was sorted he packed them off to me and I ended up being ripped off whilst him and his new lady kept everything....well that was until CSA got involved, but there will be nothing like them this time, so I will need someone to fight my corner
My friend rang me last night and her hubby who's doing this house up is speaking to the guy for me, she doesn't see any problems with it, its near her too and she has my FS sometimes to take him to football, far enough away from here so I won't bump into him, and a stepping stone for as long as I need. I've explained at work that I am not giving up moving out of Birmingham all together and they were supportive, they will transfer me to another FCA organisation so I will still be working for them, when the time comes and I can take another short term foster child in the meantime to help me financially.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Steph I'm so happy to hear of all the support you have surrounding you. You're one of the kindest people I've met online and your advice has always been kind and supportive. I've had a couple of large separations and although one took a lot longer to recover from, everything just seemed to slot into place which in hindsight, told me that I was doing the right thing and boy did I have a lot of support! It sounds the same for you and I just know those wonderful animals of yours, will be the greatest source of comfort in the days and weeks to come. Love and hugs to you. xxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Typical man - head almost completely up his ar$e!

Great news about the house - eveything's crossed for you (I may fall over )

x0x
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »