Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
A lot of people do take the defensive attitude when you ask them to put their dog on... I would have just let one of the boys off , that said I'm like you, always air on the side of caution but when some nutters winde me up I do tend to leave one of mine off, especially if theirs is off at least that way they have to think about the situation too...too many people blame the dogs on the lead because they are on the lead automatically think their bad...
I'd go back there and walk, next time just leave one off, you know your dogs are ok xx hope your shoulder a little better today x
i would of..but if her dog attacked mine there would be no way on earth i could of separeted them..and i doubt the owner would either as this dog was about 10kg heavier than my guys
and to be fair,there was one growl..then nothing,they were more concerned bout mum on the floor face down
she couldnt get it in her head that my guys were dog friendly and they lived with 7more..she said 'yeah luv,mine was outa 6 too'

thanks...just got some anti inflams lol
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Would you like me to send you over Gucci the Chihuahua? He's one arsey little guy ... would defo sort this silly cow out for you ... he's like the Alien when he's doing his guard dog bit !!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Sorry to hear this Layla, You know your dogs are friends, seems these dogs take after their owner Dont stop going to the new place with yours because of these!

Sorry havent read the whole thread, hope your shoulder is better today! xx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 08:29 PM
I hope you're ok....

I had this last week, Chase and I were playing ball nicely and two dogs came sprinting across the field at him. I've had enough of putting him onlead when dogs approach, as he gets more fearful if he can't go away, so I held him in a down stay for 5 mins (i literally checked my watch) whilst these dogs wandered around Chase over and over, witch chase in a down stay a meter away from me looking at his ball....eventually one of the dogs pounced on Chase's face, and Chase told it off - the owner had a right go at me, telling me my dog (who hadn't moved more than a meter away from me at any time, and after telling the dog off had returned to a down stay) was out of control. I laughed and told her to buy a lead. Really really really annoys me....Chase doesn't like other dogs, but doesn't go after them for a fight, he tells them to F off if they persist in badgering him....

People think all dogs should like all dogs....sometimes it just doesn't happen!
I hate walking in the summer, its like all the non doggy people decide to go out for walks. I've had packs of greyhounds snapping at chase, labs jumping on him whilst he was on lead and chase subsequently hurt his back....chase doesn't like dogs, but isn't a problem unless some idiots let their off lead dogs pounce on him. Really really annoys me!

Storm got bitten the other day - straight on the nose, by a yorkie....

Hope you're ok though, know that you're not alone lol x
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Oh Layla, sorry to hear this. Big hugs to you. xx

You weren't in the bloody wrong! Stupid woman! She sounds like a complete moron.

Don't let her stop you walking your dogs in their new place or anywhere for that matter. No way! Make sure you get back there for a walk and enjoy yourself!

Me being me would've told her a few facts! You're too nice.

Take care of yourself. xx
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5