View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 06:43 PM
If, for any reason, I feel the need to support the RSPCA then I will support my local branch, never the national organisation as the money you donate does not go to worthwhile causes, it gets lost in admin. However, having said that I no longer bother with the RSPCA in general, I just support the small independent rescues who make a true difference.

It's funny though how many people on Dogsey do not like the RSPCA but then soon suggest people call them out if somebody suspects abuse or neglect.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Not enough Indians. Too many Chiefs.
Totally agree. And I hate the way that they classify horses as "farm animals" rather than pets. A horse has to have no food, or access to food, before they will consider coming out to help the animal. This is disgraceful of course. A horse could be stuffed to the brim with food and water, but still be enduring the most appalling cruelty. In my opinion, the RSPCA have a lot to learn about the definition of cruelty.
mattsgal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2010, 07:25 PM
wouldnt give them the time of day...... had an iccident with a very young lamb some local lads supposedly found, was a bank holiday rang the RSPCA they told me to put it in the nearest field with sheep in it! needless to say i didnt do as they said, managed to find a local rescue centre. turns out the lamb was a rare breed lamb, and putting it in a field with other sheep with lambs it would more than likely have been butted to death, or at the very least left to starve. no thanks to the RSPCA the lamb is now full grown and will live its days out at the rescue centre....... have also contacted RSPCA many times about neglected dogs, only once have they bothered to act......
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I was really shocked to find this. - In 2004 two Bassett hounds were shot (and euthanised by shot-gun) at my local RSPCA.

I would have never have thought it possible, and i'm pretty shocked and horrified even though it was 6 years ago!
Sort of made me see the place in a whole new light.

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/Bassets.pdf
mattsgal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
I was really shocked to find this. - In 2004 two Bassett hounds were shot (and euthanised by shot-gun) at my local RSPCA.

I would have never have thought it possible, and i'm pretty shocked and horrified even though it was 6 years ago!
Sort of made me see the place in a whole new light.

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/Bassets.pdf
OMG! how the hell could they say that shooting those poor poor dogs was the best course of action to take??? certainly wasnt best for the dogs! typical RSPCA they seem to have forgotten they are there to help animals......
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 08:31 PM
They have shot many dogs using the bolt gun including those 10 GSD's last year
mattsgal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
They have shot many dogs using the bolt gun including those 10 GSD's last year
why tho?? is it just cus of money?
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 08:48 PM
we discussed this a while back
here is the link to it all.
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=111715
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Don't have any time for them at all here, they have an excellent PR company obviously since none of their dirty laundry is ever aired in public.
kelpiemad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
the Captive Bolt Gun and Pithing is a reason I hate the rspca.
they have admitted they use this barbaric waeapon on our dogs as a form of euthanasia
My thoughts exactly
When they killed them poor GSD's couldn't be bothered to contact the breed rescues they would sooner kill them I once saw a program on tv about how the rspca was training a officer to pts a GSD the poor dog had a horrific death I cried for ages. the poor dog was terrified crying and drooling with fear. they caused suffering the dog had only a skin condition and is last time on earth was terrible
I can't stand the rspca
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >