View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2010, 11:58 AM
I reckon its publicity seeking in the extreme. While they may have lost their dog which is sad beyond belief, there is no photographic evidence to back their claims of broken legs and fag burns. (I do vol work for RSPCA, and whilst they do have a euthanasia 'image', this sort of thing is waaaaay off the radar.) I wouldn't feed it any more than a tasty soup and roll.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Stop being so patronising,
You have a passion, great, that's to be admired, but to make out everyone who does not sign your petitions or agree with you are "fluffy bunnies" giving hearts out everywhere is just a tad condescending.

Yes I know about the DDA... that was not the point, my point was why does one group of dogs need saving over another.. along with it not being directed at you.. it was a response to shirls outrage at dogs being pts for no reason, yet its happening on a daily basis to thousands of dogs, do we see petitions for them???
If I am coming across as patronising maybe thats intentional,I have no time for the hearts and flowers and silly games brigade I find that stuff boring, and yes as I said before there are petitions for all types of animals including other dogs, but then if you walked your talk you would know that already.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 12:38 PM
I joined the DDA page on the site not to be mentioned. It's horrific that so many dogs are being PTS for no good reason.
Can someone help me here, I find the whole thing abhorent that family pets are being lifted who have lived with their family for years with no bother and being literally thrown into a cold bare kennel similar to solidtary confinement.

Have the owners no right to say - "Look I dont want my pet to spend the next number of months/years in these conditions, please have him/her PTS now"? I wouldnt want my dog to spend months upon months or in some cases years locked away somewhere with little contact from either people or others of his own kind. Dogs are social creatures and actively seek out companionship from both their own kind and human companionship.

I realise this may be controversial to some as there is always the hope the dog will be returned one day but on that justification only is it FAIR on the dog who one day is living in a loving family environment and the next banged up in a soulessloveless kennel somewhere miles away from anywhere.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 12:41 PM
I don`t think the original quote does the anti-BSL campaign many favours. I stopped reading it because of the OTT accusations. It brings up too many questions.
There are pit bulls crosses all over the place. They are advertised for sale quite openly. Surely people know by now that they are illegal? They are being produced for profit by callous, greedy people cashing in on the desire for a `hard` dog. If people didn`t buy them the market wouldn`t be there.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
If I am coming across as patronising maybe thats intentional,I have no time for the hearts and flowers and silly games brigade I find that stuff boring, and yes as I said before there are petitions for all types of animals including other dogs, but then if you walked your talk you would know that already.
can I ask why you feel the need to be so mean to Dogsey members, many of whom have considered you as an online friend for a long time?
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
No wonder you don't have time for hearts and flowers, you would be lucky to get people to see your point of view at all, and would have people running a mile due to your passion for fighting the DDA laws, you find it necessary to belittle others. I find bowling, reading and cooking boring but if that is your choice of hobby, I think you should allow others their own hobbies without your degrading remarks and assume others don't care as much as you, maybe they do as much as you or more but choose not to alienate people in the process.
If DDA has been in place for 18yrs what has all this petition signing done? As for cyber petitions how many actual get sent to the appropriate person?
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I don`t think the original quote does the anti-BSL campaign many favours. I stopped reading it because of the OTT accusations. It brings up too many questions.
There are pit bulls crosses all over the place. They are advertised for sale quite openly. Surely people know by now that they are illegal? They are being produced for profit by callous, greedy people cashing in on the desire for a `hard` dog. If people didn`t buy them the market wouldn`t be there.
Well said C&D,
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
can I ask why you feel the need to be so mean to Dogsey members, many of whom have considered you as an online friend for a long time?
I'm not being mean Shona I'm stating a fact, I am disapointed that more people from Dogsey are not taking an interest in the more serious stuff on the other site, they are after all dog lovers, maybe my expectations were too high.After all its not like we are friends in real life, and really know each other.I should say this applies to some but not all the people who are on both sites, and to be honest it is not a problem if they don't like what I am saying.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Well said.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
No wonder you don't have time for hearts and flowers, you would be lucky to get people to see your point of view at all, and would have people running a mile due to your passion for fighting the DDA laws, you find it necessary to belittle others. I find bowling, reading and cooking boring but if that is your choice of hobby, I think you should allow others their own hobbies without your degrading remarks and assume others don't care as much as you, maybe they do as much as you or more but choose not to alienate people in the process.
If DDA has been in place for 18yrs what has all this petition signing done? As for cyber petitions how many actual get sent to the appropriate person?
Thanks for making it personal,I'm so glad my hobbies don't interest you, I'd hate to have to be around some one like you in real life.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >