Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I thought France had a 'once-a-year' requirement. All the states on the eastern side of the EU also have a 'once-a-year' requirement. For us it's safer to have the annual booster and then no matter what state we are traveling through we should be OK.

The UK requirement for a blood test and six month wait is just being extra careful, but then where Rabies is concerned you can't be too careful can you.

It is an annual requirement for dogs in most EU countries that are resident(ie stay there for more than 3 months)visiting dogs are covered by the Pet Travel Scheme. I've researched the information from the countries embassey sites or their Government sites directly.

My advice would be to check with with the countries concerned before travelling.

The Pet Travel scheme rules are the same for all members of the scheme with the exception of the UK(& Eire)who both require the 6 months period after a acceptable titre test

The Defra site has up to date information & there may be more changes after June 2010 when the Pet Travel scheme is to be reviwed(I hope that this will bring the UK into line with the rest of the EU & that dogs will be able to enter the UK as soon as they have an acceptable titre test this will mean puppies will be able to enter the UK much earlier than 10 months of age)& as I have been advising it states to check with the country(ies)to be visited
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-01-2010, 09:47 PM
If you miss the booster date the dog will have to be re blood tested for the passport, also even though mine have had their booster and it states they dont need another for 3yrs I have known people not be allowed entry back to UK, so mine will be yearly. Re cost I think it was approx £46 not sure without getting receipts out.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2010, 09:59 PM
There does seem a confusion re the vaccines,exp ones by 'merial' as in england it has a two year licence in france it has only one.
we have clients that regularly take their dogs to france,and follow the English protocol and have no problems.
although we now no longer use rabisin.
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-01-2010, 11:07 PM
The ones I have done in the UK which cover 3years are Canigen Rabies
The German ones were Enduracell and Rabdomun, the one used in Czech Republic was Nobivac, the European ones were for 1 year.
Pam
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by wildmoor View Post
The ones I have done in the UK which cover 3years are Canigen Rabies
The German ones were Enduracell and Rabdomun, the one used in Czech Republic was Nobivac, the European ones were for 1 year.
Pam
This is interesting, our vet (Czech) used Nobivac in 2005 -2007 then in 2008 they changed over to Biocan R which appears to be made by Bioveta s.a. (Swiss ??)

Do you think the people in Calais will have any objection to Biocan R Should be OK hope so anyway 'cos they both had theirs last week
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 07:54 PM
As long as their titre levels were done more than 6mth ago and it was a booster they had you should be fine
although at times I do wonder about these people at the port.
Elisabeth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2010, 08:21 PM
In Canada, specifically Ontario, rabies are mandatory.

Exam fee included with the rabies shot it cost me $88.00.

I do rabies every 3 years (there is a 1 year or a 3 year) and after the intial 3 set of boosters that puppies get I do not vaccinate. I do however do a titer test every year (for vaccines).
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Thank you all for the replies, he's due booster vaccines in February so we'll just do them all, including rabies, just to be on the safe side. And then get the passport.
And then I'll have to make sure we actually GO somewhere this year
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5