Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
(But I still secretly fancy him ...in a short bloke sort of bling teeth kind of way )
is he very short then?
That explains a lot.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Never seen any trainer bleed as much as that man does,

nuff said.
LOL I'd like to see him bleed more myself
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I have no strong opinion on CM either way- I do noe subscribe to his beliefs fully, yet think that he has done a good job educating those lazy americans on certain things like the concept of exercising your dog!!
As Lokis mum pointed out.....

Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I think we'd all be shocked at the amount of people who don't walk their dogs. It may be common sense to us 'doggy people' but not for all people who own dogs.
So thats no bad thing........

Wrt his personal conduct- remember it works both ways and you do not get the whole story on TV.......

I do not know whether he kicks the dogs off set or cuddles them so who am i to judge.......

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
His "Canine"centre I understand has been moved & some of the dogs moved on from him as well.

I always wonder why he never just plays with his dogs, you never see him throwing a ball etc, all he does is exercise them.

Most of the dogs appear shut down IMHO. I do know they are are all fed in turn & daren't approach their food without a command from on of his employees. He doesn't live on the site & has a very nice house(well he is a millionaire !)away from the dogs

I wonder when his new centre will appear on his programs
You don't see him taking a pee, picking his nose or eating on camera either but thats not proof that he never does......
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post

I do not know whether he kicks the dogs off set or cuddles them so who am i to judge.......

You don't see him taking a pee, picking his nose or eating(oh yes I have ! & drinking) on camera either but thats not proof that he never does......
What has his personal habits have to do with him interacting with his dogs ? It's interesting to see that in nearly all the photos of him with his dogs(except the ones with the very small dogs which he holds in his arms)non of the dogs are really as close to him as I would expect someone who allegedly has such a wonderful rapport his dogs. Perhaps it's because they are his pack dogs, rather than his pet dogs ? Most of his dogs are leaning away from him !
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
is he very short then?
That explains a lot.

I must be watching a different programme - I've seen him playing with his dogs.....
Then again, it is a show about him helping (and I use that word extremely loosely) other dogs/owners, not about him and his dogs?
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 05:29 PM
He's coming to Glasgow in March

http://www.ticketsoup.com/
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 05:36 PM
He does play ball with his dogs - seen it quite a few times on the show they all chase the ball no arguing and which ever dogs gets the ball they fetch it back to him tail wagging for the next go
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 07:14 AM
I've recently been talking to a fair few people (trainers) who have been seeing more problems with dogs as a direct result of such methods as CM promotes.

Another dog has beem pts after being pinned and rolled; his owners could not cope with the dog's behaviour after their treatment of him. So when he started to fight back and bite, they euthanased him. This was a terrier.

In the US, I've spoken to people who have a work load that has almost doubled, due to problems caused by these methods and owners asking true professionals for help after the CM methods have caused problems.

With some of the dogs that can be helped, they are so traumatised that they are often put on medication to aid in their recovery.

Just thought I'd add that to the pot because it's important people are aware that his methods affect dogs and owners and trainers in real life.... and the outcome is not always a good one.

Wys
x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 08:47 AM
I just don`t understand why people take life advice from a person on the TV. It would be like taking relationship advice from Wife Swap. It`s an entertainent - and one which uses a disclaimer `don`t try this at home`. So when people do and it goes pearshaped they can`t sue.
Are people really so simple that they think they are watching a real-time programme? Guys, what you are seeing is a scripted, edited film. If something occurs in the filming that shows the presenter in a bad light it is usually edited out.
It says a great deal about the public`s acceptance of `The Expert` that these bullying methods are accepted without question. Or perhaps people who get their life experience from the TV are losing touch with the real world.
The man has never met you or your dog. Why not go and get advice from a real live person who you can ask questions of, and work with? Or is that too complicated?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I've recently been talking to a fair few people (trainers) who have been seeing more problems with dogs as a direct result of such methods as CM promotes.

Another dog has beem pts after being pinned and rolled; his owners could not cope with the dog's behaviour after their treatment of him. So when he started to fight back and bite, they euthanased him. This was a terrier.

In the US, I've spoken to people who have a work load that has almost doubled, due to problems caused by these methods and owners asking true professionals for help after the CM methods have caused problems.

With some of the dogs that can be helped, they are so traumatised that they are often put on medication to aid in their recovery.

Just thought I'd add that to the pot because it's important people are aware that his methods affect dogs and owners and trainers in real life.... and the outcome is not always a good one.

Wys
x
That is really sad - but not a surprise really. His methods only work on dogs who give up when challanged - some dogs will of course learn to fight back when if never handled so agressivly would never have got so aggressive and had to be PTS

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I just don`t understand why people take life advice from a person on the TV. It would be like taking relationship advice from Wife Swap. It`s an entertainent - and one which uses a disclaimer `don`t try this at home`. So when people do and it goes pearshaped they can`t sue.
Are people really so simple that they think they are watching a real-time programme? Guys, what you are seeing is a scripted, edited film. If something occurs in the filming that shows the presenter in a bad light it is usually edited out.
It says a great deal about the public`s acceptance of `The Expert` that these bullying methods are accepted without question. Or perhaps people who get their life experience from the TV are losing touch with the real world.
The man has never met you or your dog. Why not go and get advice from a real live person who you can ask questions of, and work with? Or is that too complicated?
Yes - and the fact it is edited to make him look good makes it even more worrying that clips like the wolfdog and JonBee are shown as supposed sucesses by him when even some of his most avid fans on here see these as wrong
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >