Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9crew
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post

Wysiwyg, you bring up a case of conflict between instinctual behaviour and conditioned behavior. I can't really come up with such a case for dogs. Can you?
I'd like to throw 'Experimental Neuroses' into the ring.

Particularly an example of a USA Police dog that had been trained to 'out' when the criminal put his arms in the air to surrender.
Criminal cornered, dog sent in, criminal raises chair to threaten to strike the dog and officer, dog blows a fuse and starts to tail chase.

this to me suggests a conflict and was a real case.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 07:57 AM
John Fisher had a theory that cocker rage was partly due to the fact that the dog had a huge desire to carry things in its mouth and the owners often had a huge desire to stop that carrying!

I have certainly found that it accounts for a lot of aggression in spaniels generally.

The aggression would be that sort of reaction I think? Don't know what to do so I'll find somehting. Some just turn into idiots and roll around and wet themselves.

rune
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
...Wysiwyg, you bring up a case of conflict between instinctual behaviour and conditioned behavior. I can't really come up with such a case for dogs. Can you?
I can't think of one at all

Wys
x
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5