Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Could be, or it could also be that the girl is just a spolit little bitch with no manners and respect for animals.
That says it all to me...sounds like shes just spoilt. If i had seen the attack im afraid i would probably be the one in trouble with the law...for assaulting a minor!

Its a shame she didnt pick a dog that would stand up for itself...but then i suppose it would be the dog in trouble!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 09:26 PM
To me for a child to be cruel to an animal is worrying tbh - most children love animals its just not normal to behave this way - she obviously has "issues" of some sort imo - i know its a bit OTT but apparently a lot of murderers start off with cruelty to animals - not saying she will grow up to be a murderer but somethings obviously not right there.

I hope she doesn't do any babysitting .....
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
Its a shame she didnt pick a dog that would stand up for itself...but then i suppose it would be the dog in trouble!

interesting point there...the sad thing is, if the dog did stick up for themselves and use their teeth, they'd have been forcibly pts...poor poor dog, you could just see the fear and when the girl stood on his tail so she could kick him more...sickening...grounding is nowhere near enough...
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2009, 12:55 AM
I finally forced myself to watch the video, and OMG that child is sick! As for the parents saying she is grounded!!
If someone came to my house and showed me video evidence of my kids doing that to any living thing ( not that they ever would, they have been brought up to love and respect all living creatures) then I would have marched them down to the police station myself!
The girl is 12, so in the eyes of the law she can be prosecuted.
My hubby is a site manager of a secure unit for kids, and they take kids in there from the age of 10 - 17, then they get shipped out to YOI's.
I hope the RSPCA do prosecute this girl, and the owner does a civil prosecution as well!
I really hope that the dog doesnt have any lasting damage
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Children can be really cruel, not only to animals but also to each other. Bullying in schools and on the internet is a depressingly common problem, sometimes to the point that even children resort to suicide. Is this case of crulty to the spaniel really any different to a group of school kids ganging up on an individual child by taunting and abusing them? The consequences for the respective victims is much the same, ie living in fear of the next attack.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:03 AM
I don`t think a well-balanced, well-brought up child with no personal problems could have behaved like this. Usually troubled children are very good at lying, so perhaps her parents were unaware or unconcerned? A lot of children these days spend little time with their parents - they are in their rooms or in front of the TV so much of the time.
I would think by now her fellow school children, neighbours and teachers will have caught up with this, so I hope she`ll be recieving the appropriate help. The weak response of the father may give a clue as to how she has got this far.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I don`t think a well-balanced, well-brought up child with no personal problems could have behaved like this. Usually troubled children are very good at lying, so perhaps her parents were unaware or unconcerned? A lot of children these days spend little time with their parents - they are in their rooms or in front of the TV so much of the time.
I would think by now her fellow school children, neighbours and teachers will have caught up with this, so I hope she`ll be recieving the appropriate help. The weak response of the father may give a clue as to how she has got this far.
I agree with your views about a well balanced child not doing this, but I wonder if she will be bullied at school as a result of the video, I have to say I have little sympathy for her, although in the long run we don't want anything else like this to happen so for the sake of other animals etc I hope she does get appropriate help, and its not just forgotten about because if shes capable of this now, without help ,I dread to think what she will do.
SamRottLabb
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Absoluetly sickening how someone could do this!!! And at just 12 years old!!! I agree I don't think I could of filmed for that long as i'd of been staight over there showing her what for!!! but as it's been said it's a good job they did to get the evidence - not that it's any good as nothing much ever comes of it when animals are involved. She'll probably just a slap on the wrists

And as for the parents...... i'd have done more than ground her!!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 11:29 AM
but I wonder if she will be bullied at school as a result of the video,
Well, I was bullied at school along with many other people (I went to the type of school where if you weren't a tarty girl or sporty, you were a loser), quite badly too at some stages, but I would never do that to an animal! the girl is twisted.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Fi View Post
Who knows maybe it was meant to be a Ceaser Milan foot push?.
That crossed my mind I was horrified that I was pleased when the dog appeared to retaliate
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >