View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Just spoke to the boss LOL and she said we will take him after the 7 days as looks like his owners arent really looking for him.
susanatlasinski
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2009, 02:12 PM
just notced that there is a Goldie, 11 years old, reported missing on doglost. Hopefully it's the same dog and they him and his owner are re-united soon.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Been following this thread.....hope there is some good news and the owners have turned up.
I'd be absolutely at my wits end if it were my dog.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 03:45 PM
************NEWS FLASH*************

I called the warden this morning and said he was far too old to go to the pound so he can stay with me until he is claimed or whenever. The warden popped round to scan him and..................lo and behold he was chipped and we later discovered, to a local pub in the area.

Anyway to cut a long story short "Oscar's" owners have been looking for him but not got round to reporting him missing or actually making any enquiries. They have been soundly told off by the warden for letting him roam and not equipping him with a collar and disc. Oscar has just been collected by the warden so his owners can collect him from the pound. The warden was worried I might get a punch on the nose for meddling!

Many, many thanks to you all for you interest, support and advice. A very happy ending for Oscar and now I don't have to get my kitchen extended to accomodate him!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Just spoke to the boss LOL and she said we will take him after the 7 days as looks like his owners arent really looking for him.

Bless your heart! XX
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
That's wonderful news. Three hip hip hoorays for you!!!!!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
************NEWS FLASH*************

I called the warden this morning and said he was far too old to go to the pound so he can stay with me until he is claimed or whenever. The warden popped round to scan him and..................lo and behold he was chipped and we later discovered, to a local pub in the area.

Anyway to cut a long story short "Oscar's" owners have been looking for him but not got round to reporting him missing or actually making any enquiries. They have been soundly told off by the warden for letting him roam and not equipping him with a collar and disc. Oscar has just been collected by the warden so his owners can collect him from the pound. The warden was worried I might get a punch on the nose for meddling!

Many, many thanks to you all for you interest, support and advice. A very happy ending for Oscar and now I don't have to get my kitchen extended to accomodate him!
Glad he has found his owners but they should be thanking you, it seems strange the warden thought they might punch you!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Glad Oscar has found his owners, hopefully they will keep a better eye on him in future especially if he likes to wander. Well done you for taking him home and to others who offered him a home if you'd been unable to comvince your OH
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Glad he is home safe but it sounds as if he may have been better off with you!!! Just hope the owners take more care in future and look after the old boy.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 04:13 PM
So glad he didn't have to go to the pound - and that his owners have been traced. Fingers crossed they'll keep a better eye out for him now!
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >