Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i think the point that was trying to be made ( certainly by me) was that that just because i own a dog aggressive dog doesnt make me a chav bad owner, I took on the dog like that after someone else had created the problem. So to say that EVERy owner who has a dog aggressive dog is the problem would be a misconception as many will have rescue doga who arrived with the problem already.. iyswim,
Brundog
I dont think anyone was saying if a dog is dog aggressive it is alway the owners fault, as you said if a dog is rescued or has had previous owners and is dog aggressive of course that would not be there new owners fault.

But it could of been or properly was there first owners fault for lack of socialization and trainning or even may have been trainned to be dog aggressive, that is the person (moron) who is at fault.
But if a owner knows there dog is dog aggressive and could or is likley to attack or fight with other dogs than that dog should be on a lead around other dogs, and if it is not then the owner is then at fault.

We all know what a good owner you are and how beautiful bruno is, you rescued him and he was dog aggressive, that is no way your fault or anyone else who has a dog that can be or is dog aggressive when they rescued him.

Even with early soicalization some dogs can still be dog aggressive...boxers...staffies..ANY BREED
And if that is the case then it is the owners responsibility to keep that dog under control and leashed around other dogs.
But for boxerboy to say 'all staffies and there owners' or 'I dont know whos worse staffies or there owners' is a very stereotypical and offensive statemant that I feel was totally out of line!

From what I have read there is a fair amount of people whos dogs have had bad experiences with boxers, but none of us have ever made any nasty comments about the beauiful breed or there owners, that would be wrong and out of line.

And as fair as staffies being the breed of choice for so called chavs or what ever you lot call them, I see a fair amount of what you lot may refer to as 'chavs' with boxers, akitas, rotties, ambulldogs, dobes the list goes on not just staffys!!!!

Deed NOT Breed
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Hope your'e dog soon gets better. The dog that went for Tilly last week was also co-incidently a staffie & I did blame the owner because she wasn't bothered - she laughed! and everyone I spoke to on the field since has not had a good thing to say about staffies & many have had some sort of nasty experience with them and I do think they get a bad name because of the "certain type" of "chav" owners. My brother has one and she is daft as a brush so I certainly wouldn't tar them all with the same brush - and I don't think you are.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Your poor dog, that does look sore, I hope Harry makes a speedy recovery

I completly understand your anger, there's a women round here, that makes Kylie look tall and fat, she has 3 Staffies and takes them all for a walk at the same time, and when they see another dog, they are just snarling, snapping and lunging at the end of the lead and literally lifting her off her feet, it's quite terrifying to witness but I also have friends who own Staffies and they are sweeties, loveliest dogs in the world, so full of love and affection you wouldn't believe and they wouldn't hurt a flea

Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i think the point that was trying to be made ( certainly by me) was that that just because i own a dog aggressive dog doesnt make me a chav bad owner, I took on the dog like that after someone else had created the problem. So to say that EVERy owner who has a dog aggressive dog is the problem would be a misconception as many will have rescue doga who arrived with the problem already.. iyswim,
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Brundog
I dont think anyone was saying if a dog is dog aggressive it is alway the owners fault, as you said if a dog is rescued or has had previous owners and is dog aggressive of course that would not be there new owners fault.

But it could of been or properly was there first owners fault for lack of socialization and trainning or even may have been trainned to be dog aggressive, that is the person (moron) who is at fault.
But if a owner knows there dog is dog aggressive and could or is likley to attack or fight with other dogs than that dog should be on a lead around other dogs, and if it is not then the owner is then at fault.

We all know what a good owner you are and how beautiful bruno is, you rescued him and he was dog aggressive, that is no way your fault or anyone else who has a dog that can be or is dog aggressive when they rescued him.

Even with early soicalization some dogs can still be dog aggressive...boxers...staffies..ANY BREED
And if that is the case then it is the owners responsibility to keep that dog under control and leashed around other dogs.
But for boxerboy to say 'all staffies and there owners' or 'I dont know whos worse staffies or there owners' is a very stereotypical and offensive statemant that I feel was totally out of line!

From what I have read there is a fair amount of people whos dogs have had bad experiences with boxers, but none of us have ever made any nasty comments about the beauiful breed or there owners, that would be wrong and out of line.

And as fair as staffies being the breed of choice for so called chavs or what ever you lot call them, I see a fair amount of what you lot may refer to as 'chavs' with boxers, akitas, rotties, ambulldogs, dobes the list goes on not just staffys!!!!

Deed NOT Breed

Jack is dog aggressive through fear, but came to us like it along with many other problems and it's the one thing we havn't been able to sort out, but we take every precaution to avoid situations, we do our best to take him out when the least amount of dogs will be out, he only gets a run off the lead when there's nobody about, at agility training, the people who run the club say that we are so on top of it, that anyone new coming wouldn't know he has a problem, but it's helped enormously by those that do know what Jack's like and keep their dogs at a distance At agility shows, Jack is muzzled untill his run and I ask people who may be near at the finish if they'd mind keeping their dog back abit and explain why, and everyone has been very nice, and I've been thanked for it but there are still some idiots who see he has a muzzle on and think it's fine to let their dog come up close and personal, then moan when he snaps

I do think that the person with a dog aggressive dog should do everything they can to keep their dog under controll, but it also helps when people with dogs who are fine, do their bit and keep their dogs away when asked and warned of the situation, and I get so fed up with the 'it's ok, mine's friendly' brigade (sp) or even worse 'it's ok, mine can stand up for himself'

The way I see it, if you are aware that a dog is dog aggressive and you let your dog near, you knowingly putting your dog at risk and I will never understand why you'd do that

Having said that, there are also many people out there who don't care that they have a dog aggressive dog and blame everyone else for the problem, or think it makes them look big to have a dog like that
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5