View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Apart from when we got her, I've only bathed Tilly once - the bathroom was flooded! Now when she gets muddy or rolls on dead birds I just take a bowl of water outside with a bit of Johnson's baby shampoo in and she puts her paws in while I wash her down. if it's just mud I just use water.
She went to the groomers for the first time last week - although she was bathed it was mainly to have her nails clipped & ears cleaned as this is included & I don't want to do it in case I do it wrong! She also had a little trim round her paws/tail & back of ears - best of all she came home smelling delicious! which lasted about 2 days, I kept burying my face in her she smelt so tasty! - she now smells of dog again!!
L-TRAYNOR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi Smiley Faces Have You Ever Tried Garlic It Keeps Fleas Away Or Some Lavender Hand Lotion
smileyfaces=]
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by L-TRAYNOR View Post
Hi Smiley Faces Have You Ever Tried Garlic It Keeps Fleas Away Or Some Lavender Hand Lotion
thanks for tip, but i tend to keep human stuff away from my dogs skin, incase they are allergic. however, garlic sounds like a good idea for fleas, so ill give it a go thanks
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2009, 10:29 PM
My Yorkie used to get a bath every two weeks, by the groomer every month and I'd give her a quick shower between as she did get smelly don't know why she did give the dog smell off though. My Chi is now 6 months and is going to the groomer next week, he doesn't smell but has started to moult so I think he needs a really good going over to get rid of shedding hair and I think he needs a good bath.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Shamus gets a bath when he rolls in human poo or a very dead fox. Which is, unfortunately, more often than you`d believe.
Daisy never needs a bath because she`s a Lady...and swims every day.
SamRottLabb
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Once or twice a year........ if that but they get rinsed off and go for plenty of swims and they are all groomed regularly

I was always told that more than twice a year is not good for them as it washes the natural oils out of their skin....... but I can see why some people do wash their dogs more ie: Ramble!!! lol! Aww bless him - Cosmo looks soooooo chuffed with himself!!!!!!!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5