Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hamish
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-02-2009, 04:29 PM
http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/news...Scots_cash.php

A massive amount..............very wrong !
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:43 PM
here is another take on it!

why are the RSPCA not in Scotland?

my view is they are already getting all the cash they can from scotland, but because people think the SSPCA are the RSPCA then they dont really need to open up rescues here!!! the SSPCA are already doing all that for them,

I do wonder though, why England and Wales only? why not scotland?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:45 PM
True, but on the flip side and perhaps being Devil's Advocate a little, why wouldn't Scottish people want to donate to helpp animals and England and Wales?

*ducks down and awaits a flaming* ;o)
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Yes the RSPCA are happy enough to take money from Scottish people so why don't they open a few centres here
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
True, but on the flip side and perhaps being Devil's Advocate a little, why wouldn't Scottish people want to donate to helpp animals and England and Wales?

They wouldn't want to because the RSPCA already get far more donations than the SSPCA could ever dream of
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:50 PM

Im sure some may well want to, but given the choice would you help dogs localy to you or in another country?

I watched a woman on tv {scottish tv } the other night who felt cheated by the rspca, she had been donating for a long time under the impression that the money was going to scotland,

also legacys being left to the SCOTTISH RSPCA { clearly is ment to stay in scotland, people just are not aware that they are two diff charitys, but the RSPCA were still cashing in on it, not once did they say oh wait a min, we dont have a scottish RSPCA so this is not really our money. If they want the money fine but it would be nice if they had the odd rescue in scotland to merrit there being a scottish rspca
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2009, 05:47 PM

I am sure they wouldn't object to that, providing they weren't being tricked into it as they are at present. If the RSPCA were being diddled out of millions, they would be up in arms too, without doubt.

I agree that the cost of this advertising is prohibitive, but I also think it is necessary if "the man in the street" is to be enlightened on the situation.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think the RSPCA are bang out of order for doing this and should be punished for misleading advertising (perhaps to the tune of £1.25m to the SSPCA?), but I do thinking there will be a small percentage that wont mind where the money goes as long as it's for the animals.

Saying that I am one of these naive people who still feels that we are Great Britain, not Scotalnd and England and Wales so had the money been going to France I would see it differently so I can understand how the scots would feel about this.

Hope that makes sense ;o)
vixen
New Member!
Female 

05-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi I'm new to this and dont want to step on anyones toes! However have to agree that it is very unfair for people in Scotland to think there money is going to help animals in their own country when clearly its not! And on looking at Hamish's link to the Herald the fact that the RSPCA is admitting to 1.25 million a year being raised in Scotland, I wonder what the real figure is?
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Saying that I am one of these naive people who still feels that we are Great Britain, not Scotalnd and England and Wales
Bless you, Pidge. Have you been north of the border lately? Better not to mention football or rugby (we don't understand cricket ). As for politics
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >