Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 09:25 AM
you're not serious right???
That is what I thought...not public fields I hope.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I can't believe I just read all of this and have only now decided not to reply.
embarassed by any chance? lol
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Collect it in scented nappy sacks then put it in a special lined dustbin in the garden. It's then double bagged and put in with the non-recyclable rubbish.

This isn't too bad in the winter as the smell, although naff, is not overpowering.

However, in the summer, lifting the lid on said dustbin is not for the faint-hearted!

We used to have a "dog toilet" but it didn't work....... yuk!

elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 12:07 PM
when Poppy is fine I flush hers down the loo, but nine times out of ten its a case of a bucket of water to swill it away. We only have paved area so I can do that fine. Ben's are put on a shovel. I have become an expert on poo's vs shovels now, it's all in the wrist action. At first it was a case of chasing it round the yard with the shovel. But hey am an expert now....one quick flick and it up and in a tesco carrier bag and then into the bin.
What a lovely subject
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
embarassed by any chance? lol
no, just so random!

We have a gravel garden which is a nightmare for picking up and no doubt in time all the gravel will be gone! We use "two at a time" Tescos value nappy sacks at home and put them in our wheelie bin (Oxfordshire is great for picking up). Out and about we use bio degradable poo bags from PaH and put them in the nearest poo bin or the Chav neighbours letterbox ;o)

I cannot STAND people who do not pick up and if I ever see someone do it I will go nuts!! We have a lovely park near us, surrounded by 4 poo bins and people STILL do not pick up. Morons! Hate them! Especially when I'm in there practising "wait" and walking backwards! Yes, that has happened. Woody thought it was funny. I did not.

Hahahahahaha. (That is a leaf BTW, not poo pile)
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 12:15 PM
I buy biodegradable bags online and pick it up with them and put in the bin
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 12:34 PM
As we are toilet training Tilly in the garden, I haven't picked any up yet........ but will start doing so!
I'm still doing visual post mortem on all her poops & getting pleased when she does a nice tidy one!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 12:37 PM
I had one of those dog poo bins but it is rubbish !(its still in our garden i'm not looking foward to removing it !) so i have to bag it and bin it too - I do try to clear up everyday so theres not too much then i flush it down the loo but if i leave it for a couple of days i bag it. I'm not sure if its ok to do this and have wondered about the bags going in the bin lorry.

If I see people not picking up i always ask them if they want a bag !! various reactions, some unprintable but sorry there is no excuse ! it REALLY pee's me off when my kids get it on their shoes/trousers at the park. I carry a water filled squeezy bottle to wash away any loose poops too.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 12:58 PM
I had one of those dog poo bins but it is rubbish
I think they are a bit of a con really. Unless you feed raw, kibble fed dogs poo takes forever to break down as evident by many of the local footpaths here.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Bless Woody's face! 'Mum do you HAVE to take a photo of me pooping????'
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >