View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Thinking of you sweetie..........why is it that some dogs just have to find something new to worry us with?!!

I do hope that it was a one off, and that he continues to be fine.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh no, poor Georgie
Hope he is ok (and you) x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Thinking of you sweetie..........why is it that some dogs just have to find something new to worry us with?!!

I do hope that it was a one off, and that he continues to be fine.
Thanks Sally, and yes, Georgie has made me much greyer than I should have been over the years with one thing and another! Who cares though, I can always get my hair dyed but I could never find another Georgieboy could I! xxxx

Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
Oh no, poor Georgie
Hope he is ok (and you) x
Thanks tokiayla, he's doing fine, he's busy hoovering up the bits of bone from earlier on the grass, he's had a good old raking, but nothing much has come out, but then that's not surprising when he's always getting raked just coz he loves it so much! I'm sure he'll be fine, but he's got to take it easy now whether he wants to or not I think.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 06:46 PM
We use a fan on the dogs if it`s really hot. I think you can get cooling pads now, can`t you?
Poor old chap.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 07:03 PM
We've got a big air con on the go in the lounge, but to be honest Claire, he's not that hot, there's no sign of panting either, look, this is him tonight:

Just had his dinner, and he's lying on the cool decking. I must say, I don't like the look of his eyes, they've sort of "sunk".

My vet has now "gone home" so I'll have to see if I can catch him tomorrow, but of course, if anything happens tonight he'll be straight over there no matter what vet sees him, but I'm sure he'll be ok, he's acting just fine.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
We've got a big air con on the go in the lounge, but to be honest Claire, he's not that hot, there's no sign of panting either, look, this is him tonight:

Just had his dinner, and he's lying on the cool decking. I must say, I don't like the look of his eyes, they've sort of "sunk".

My vet has now "gone home" so I'll have to see if I can catch him tomorrow, but of course, if anything happens tonight he'll be straight over there no matter what vet sees him, but I'm sure he'll be ok, he's acting just fine.
If they were to test for a stroke Helena they would have to do a spinal tap. They then check the fluid off the spine this is one of the tests Ollie had done. The fluid should be dark.
Ollie had a very small white patch but it wasn't big enough and apparently it usually shows up as a particular shape too which Ollies didn't.

I suppose its possible it could of been a small stroke. He may never do it again hopefully. Glad to see he is back to being himself.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Helena, sorry to read about Gorgie and how worrying it is for you. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's a one off sort of thing and that he stays fit and well.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Bless him Hope he continues to feel better........

Gorgeous lad
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Oh Helen I'm so sorry to hear this about Georgie but hope it was a blip and he will be back to normal soon. I've had to face some hard facts with Dylan too. Over the winter his exercise was cut down due to us not being able to walk the fields at night, and him not being able to pavement walk. I think a combination of this, his age and condition has led to him having short walks on his own in the park now.

I hate it as he as always loved going to the beach and the fields but he really cannot take it anymore. Sure, he loves it when he's there, but he refuses to take it slow and the next day he is stiff and clearly in discomfort. It's probably me that feels worse as he seems to enjoy mooching around the park without the two gremlins bouncing around. Plus it means he gets time on his own with me.

He is quite wobbly on his back legs now, if he turns too quickly he stumbles and has fallen a couple of times. Hugs to you and my favourite GSD. xxxxxx
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Hello Helen,

I have only just seen this so sorry for the late reply.

Hope that Georgie is feeling a little better today?

Hopefully it will just have been a little blip, maybe his body telling him to slow down and have a rest.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >