View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 08:41 AM
What a nasty evil and very childish thing to do. I really hope the police find out who it was as they can't be right in the head.
Yes most of us have disagreements at some point on the internet, but we put it behind us and move on. Hard I know but don't let it get to you.
Sending you some (((hugs)))
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 09:17 AM
What a horrible thing to happen, there are some very weird people out there. Well done for reporting it, hopefully something will come of it. It's good to see you back on Dogsey. Big hugs to you, I don't really know what else to say.xx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Just remember that the reason whomever did this, did this, is because you were probably right about whatever it is they have got the hump about so treat it as a compliment
Zoundz 1 sad person sending poo through the post 0
Becky
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 11:51 AM
you guys are just too good... it's wonderful to have this support at this awkward time. and becky! thank you for making me laugh!

xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Zounds - What a horror for you. Just shows the sick looneys that are around, I hope you and the Police can bring this nutter to book.

Thanks for the warning about these Xmas Santas, could I ask what the basic idea is behind such sites

As Jackbox has said never give your address out on a public forum. Just look at what one Dogsey member has recetly had to do (Change her profile and request people from using her real first name) just to protect herself from someone.

As with much in life the internet is a double edge sword. In a way I wish using it required more than a few brain cells then many of these morons would be excluded
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Just look at what one Dogsey member has recetly had to do (Change her profile and request people from using her real first name) just to protect herself from someone.
completely missed that!

The thing is - what's really bad is that these aren't just internet forums - these are people i know in real life and see regularly - as we are all pretty active in the showing side of things... the people who i do suspect have my address from having had rats from me and me from them... and also have been to my house... this is what's so worrying... it's not just the internet.

The secret santa thing is where somebody organising it collects names and addresses of those participating and swops them all about so everybody is given a different address. they then have to buy gifts and send them anon. it's a lovely idea- but far too dangerous.

xx
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Zoundz- What an awful thing to do to someone, I do hope you find out who did this. I hope you are okay xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz View Post
completely missed that!

it's a lovely idea- but far too dangerous.

xx
Thanks for explaining, like you say good idea but not in the world we now live in

I'll PM you about that member
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 01:27 PM
pm received and replied to but you can't receive it because your inbox is full!

just to let you know though - I am gobsmacked

xx
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 01:37 PM
How awful!! What kind of person does that? They must have some serious issues! I wouldnt take it too much to heart though, its not your fault someone is acting so childishly and if i read the original post correctly, you think its just cos you are iving up keeping rats?? Which is entirely up to you so ignore them!!

I have to say i agree with your advice. Ive given my address to a couple of people on forums, but only once i know them as you can never be too careful! Im lucky that i have only ever recieved nice things through the mail from those people! I love the idea of the secret santa things and all the different card/present exchanges that the forums do, and feel a bit anti social for not joining in, but when something like this happens it makes you realise that maybe its better to be anti social..

i really hope you find out who it was and get an explanation, and an apology!!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >