View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Totally agree with that, horses for courses and all that! Lol at your snobby Flynn there!!! I'm also glad to hear about the little Foxes enjoying their tinned dog food, what a brilliant idea that is!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post

The moral of the story is feed your dogs whatever they do best on,

I agree

i hate all these "i feed raw so im a better oowner than you" brigade.
Where did that come from?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Totally agree with that, horses for courses and all that! Lol at your snobby Flynn there!!! I'm also glad to hear about the little Foxes enjoying their tinned dog food, what a brilliant idea that is!
Tinned? no they enjoy Dr johns Gold!!!!! They started them on what they had to hand.....Genesis, but its very very expensive, so they bought them their own bag of Dr johns!!! lets face it Fox poo cannot get much worse!!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Where did that come from?

from Years of talking to Raw feeders on internet sites, & see them slagging off dog foods & making people who love their dogs feel like the scum of the earth for daring to feed out of a packet.

Im sure youve seen it on Forums such as this?& others?

Im actually more than 90% sure that feeding Raw Contributed to Flynns HD, & i know of at least 5 dogs with OCD that were fed raw from a pup

I enjoyed feeding raw for my 3 years, but id not go back to it, . However if i ever had a dog that needed a raw diet then i would. Mine have a occassional raw bit if i see something on offer/reduced.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 04:05 PM
I understand Mishflynn. Raw feeders can get a bit righteous (ok, a lot righteous ).

I just didn't like to think I was making anyone feel like that. I agree with you, if the dog is doing well on what is being fed, that's great. I only swtched Bryan to raw as a last resort - he was so picky and was even losing weight.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I understand Mishflynn. Raw feeders can get a bit righteous (ok, a lot righteous ).

I just didn't like to think I was making anyone feel like that. I agree with you, if the dog is doing well on what is being fed, that's great. I only swtched Bryan to raw as a last resort - he was so picky and was even losing weight.
Did i mention you? I was generalizing about the "brigade" .

Back to your dog then, does he have a problem? or just a fussy sod like my flynn? Some dogs lose alot of weight on Raw & cant cope with the Quanity of food, Show flynn a bowl of 6 Chicken wings & hed manage 2. Some dogs are better with a small quanity of a really small quanity of supa premuim food, Id prefer to see him finish a smaller meal than torture myself watching him struggle through a big bowl!! Again its all about the dog, Watching the dog knowing the dog, knowing signs of health etc.

Never forgetting the day when he hid the kidneys under the stereo!!!!!!.

Back on Topic, Chappie Cant be bad if it does so much good!!!!!

My friend had a GSD pup that at 4 months was like a skeleton, could keep no food in her, had 100s of bllod tests, couldnt find anything wrong, chappie saved her life!!!! Shes fabuolus now, 2 year old.
but then Flynns chappie poos look like chappie & again he would never manage to eat the quanity required.

It really is whatever suits the dog
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Did i mention you? I was generalizing about the "brigade" .
No Mish, you didn't mention me, but as I was the only one who'd mentioned raw feeding on this thread, perhaps ou can see where I got the idea

Back to your dog then, does he have a problem?
Not sure what you mean by a problem?
or just a fussy sod like my flynn?
I'd say he was a picky eater yeah.
Some dogs lose alot of weight on Raw & cant cope with the Quanity of food, Show flynn a bowl of 6 Chicken wings & hed manage 2.
I have a smalldog, he gets approx 250g of meat a day so it isn't a large amount. He gets maybe one chicken wing every other day as they are very boney. And he gets about 70g of organs a week.
Some dogs are better with a small quanity of a really small quanity of supa premuim food, Id prefer to see him finish a smaller meal than torture myself watching him struggle through a big bowl!! Again its all about the dog, Watching the dog knowing the dog, knowing signs of health etc.

Never forgetting the day when he hid the kidneys under the stereo!!!!!!.
That's classic! Bryan will only eat kidney/liver if it's frozen

It really is whatever suits the dog
Very true
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:14 PM
does anyone know if you can feed chappie to puppies, ive never seen a puppy version? or would you have to mix it with puppiy dry food
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 11:53 AM
After reading this thread i decided to feed my pup chappie mixed with his complete puppy food. His poos had been a bit sloppy before but now they are normal and firm! I Havent seen a puppy version of Chappie but as im feeding it mixed with a complete puppy dry mix i dont think it can do any harm plus he seems to really enoy it. So thumbs up for Chappie from me too! x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 12:04 PM
You saying about mixing it, do you think it would be better to mix it with something? In the mornings, I have to put some tuna on the top otherwise Georgie won't eat it, but in the evenings, he eats it as normal and loves every bit of it! Don't know why that is, maybe he's just gone off breakfast at the moment! What can you mix with it for an adult dog then please?
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >