Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
We had better stop

taking photographs
buying and selling different designs of collars, leads, harnesses coats
Buying and selling different bowls, mats,
I dont see any dogs that have suffered because of the above. I have however seen dogs, even more so my breed suffer with skin reactions because of things such as dying
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I dont see any dogs that have suffered because of the above. I have however seen dogs, even more so my breed suffer with skin reactions because of things such as dying
Well the people who just dye the whole dog without a test patch first are idiots.

And aren't most of the dyes vegetable based dyes anyway?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Im not sure, having never dyed my hair - I just know that with a breed with sensitive skin, and no valid reason to do such a thing - its rather foolish.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Im not sure, having never dyed my hair - I just know that with a breed with sensitive skin, and no valid reason to do such a thing - its rather foolish.
I'm talking about dyes for dogs, not humans
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I'm talking about dyes for dogs, not humans
I didnt even know their was dyes for dogs deary me! - I must have come across extra thick folk then, using human stuff!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 11:40 AM
I don`t suppose the dog minds looking like a pr*t because the dog doesn`t know it does.
I just wonder how on earth this dog is going to lead a normal doggy life - jumping into ditches, charging into mud, rough-housing with his mates, rolling in fox poo - while done up like a dogs dinner.
I suspect he won`t. I suspect he will be spending his time being displayed to silly women in urban situations. I hope I`m wrong.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 11:52 AM
I died Boo's head, legs and back end green for Halloween... Does that make me a bad person, exploiting my dogs for entertainment sake? No I dont think it does. He enjoyed the attention, and loves wearing stuff, so enjoyed his costume, and enjoyed the party. Good day for both of us, I'd say!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 12:03 PM
My friend who was groomer of the year put stripes on her poodle looked fab. Can see a problem with it to be honest.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't like it.

I don't think dogs are there for us to dress up, and use like dolls. They should be treated as a dog, and to me, that is not how a dog should be. If people want to dress up for a special occasion etc, then that IMO is different coz it appears to me more for a bit of fun, and a one off... rather than the dogs day to day life. Sure, it won't matter to the dog if it is for one day, or for 50... But, IMO the reasons behind it are very different. There was an episode of It's Me or The Dog and a woman dyed her dog green just for day to day life... It just doesn't make any sense to me.

The line for me, is between what is needed and what is not. A dog does not need to be dyed. A dog does need to be groomed, clipped etc for health and comfort reasons (depends what exactly depending on the breed).
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=MarchHound;2415096]I am glad I am not the only person slightly horrified.

Dogs were not created ........ in those colours![/QUOTE]

It's a good job otherwise I would have 3
I love pink!
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >