View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 10:05 AM
I think might take longer than a week for Max and Connor to do without hand signal - Charlie following the treat lovely - Angus now onto hand signal and command wth left - right not progressed on too much.

I don't want to confuse them by learning one way and the other at the same time - setters are easily confused or is that setter owners!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi All,

I've been working wuite hard with Ellie, particularly as she missed out on agility last night too.

She will twist/twirl but only if standing right next to me and if I have a handful of liver cake. Even then she'll only do it once whereas the boys will keep going until they fall over or until I tell them to stop.

If she happens to be sitting down when I try to get her to do it she'll turn her head only. That's it. Then if I continue around the back of her with the treat, she'll just turn her head the other way until the treat is within reach. Lazy bitch!!
Definitely more work needed.

Laura xx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Oh dear......training has had ups and downs.

Started off with Siren thinking about working behind me.
In front she will spin or twist without a hand signal and she does have a command to heel behind me....but she can't do the spin or twist unless I get her walking back first. Height ho something to work on....

But.....I have got her crawling and jumping onto my back and staying there

Its amazing what can happen by accident when you have a clicker in your hand
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Well no matter what I tried as soon as I start moving the treat in a circle Oscar's feet root to the ground Ellie had her haircut
Becky
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Well no matter what I tried as soon as I start moving the treat in a circle Oscar's feet root to the ground Ellie had her haircut
Becky
Have you taught a hand touch? So you don't have the treat in your hand, but the dog will touch it's nose on your hand and you c/t from the other hand. If so, get him to follow your hand a few steps, even in a straight line to begin with, c/t, then try in a circle, any steps, c/t.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 08:46 AM
I think I picked the wrong dog for this challenge, he wont even follow in a straight line lol!
Becky
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Well - last night Siren achieved the spin and twirl behind me....

BUT.....she does not understand the difference between the 2. She always has to go one way first. Nearly there though.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Ohh, I didn't see last weeks trick. Must start looking at this section more often!

Marius can already do this, so will watch with interest what we can learn next.

Good luck everyone
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Ermmm not a good week this week lol! Think I'll draw a line under it and try again with the next one!!
Becky
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Ermmm not a good week this week lol! Think I'll draw a line under it and try again with the next one!!
Becky
Me too - but mine is largely due to not putting in the time I'm still trying to get a video of them doing last week's challenge but what with full memory cards & run down batteries I haven't had much luck!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >