View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Oh dear Lore, there are just times when a lad can take no more. He has been so good on his medication but when he is goaded like that there is a limit to how much he can take bless him. About time the teaching staff sorted out those that are goading him. They must have an idea who they are.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Evening everyone.
Debbie sorry to hear one of the girls was sick hope she is recovered now.
June what a flaming nightmare with all those dogs. Lovely pics of Fenn.
Jenny good to see you back.
Lorraine sorry that Davie seems to be having trouble again.
Good luck to Dave Helena.
Sorry if I have missed anyone.

Ok the car situation is now verging on the ridiculous.
Good job we rearranged for next week Lorraine. Car still not done.
We decided to go out for a coffee about 3pm and then on the way home pick up my car. Gorden rang them about 2.30 2.45pm and they said it will be done by the end of the day he told them he was back to London tomorrow so the car needed to be picked up at close of business that's fine will be ready.
So we are sitting in Dobbies with coffee and naughty cream cakes and his phone goes. I can tell by his face this is not going well his voice remains calm but after living with him for almost 37 years I can tell when he is getting angry just by his expressions very subtle but there.
So the gist is the supplier sent one pad that did fit and one that didn't. They didn't arrive till 3pm he is told. Hang on at 2.30 2.45pm Gorden was told they were working on it. The front wheels were already off from Saturday and the back wheels to do the nuts could of been done this morning.
They are ringing Gorden tomorrow to tell him its done he has already said they need to deliver it back here if it isn't fixed he is going to tell them they better have a courtesy car and big enough if I needed to get Dillon to the vet. He is going to negotiate money off the bill now. He is now seeing where I am coming from with not believing the nut that releases the locking nuts broke because the locking nut was seized. Not after this bunch of lies this afternoon.
We booked this in two weeks ago and they wanted us to pay in advance which Gorden wouldn't do but he did pay a deposit so the bay was booked there tale was its a Saturday and there premium well that may be the case but they have made so many mistakes its unbelievable. They took the reg of the car the year so should of ordered the two sets of pads knowing one would fit one wouldn't they said as much two weeks ago on the phone there were two options they would go for the more expensive option then of course that was the wrong choice.
As you can imagine I have steam coming out of my ears.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Lynn, that is certainly beyond ridiculous, I have had several imports over the years and they have always got the parts needed by the nowadays simplicity of using the car reg number, everything comes up on the screen, and I would have said foolproof, even my car got its parts straight away and mine isn't an everyday car by any means.
I would be looking for a local garage, are you on decent terms with any of the neighbours yet, they must take their cars somewhere.
Thinking of Dave's neck tonight Helena, and Very Well Done on making it home without diverting to Dunelms or spending the rent money.
Lore, I really hope the lad who was winding Davy up also got suspended, he should have been stopped well before it got to that stage, lurve Davy taking his glasses off and handing them over for safekeeping before hittig him
Happy Spinning Lacey, hope Pereg has had a Good Day today and you've got some rest Malka, I was so pleased to get that email about Fenn today, couldn't wait to get the piccies up for you
back later.....
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Lorraine - you cannot really blame Davie if he has been continually goading. In a way I admire him not just for having a go back but especially for taking his spectacles off first so he did not break them.

Lynn - I would be spitting bricks by now if that car foul-up happened to me. No wonder you have

coming out of your ears. (((hugs)))
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Yahoo's just locked me out of my account and I've had to change my password because there is suspicious activity on my account
Flaming 'eck
yahoo has been crazy for months. I managed to get back to the basic email set up and it has been easier since.

The suspicious activity will not be yours but hackers, I had that too and changed my password and that was fine.

So they are in fact protecting your account. Dratted people who have nothing better to do than cause trouble for others...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Evening all

Folks still having trouble seeing posts on here?

What a meh day. Morning was good till I got a text from Brian, Davie has been suspended for 3 days for headbutting a boy! In front of his pupil support! He handed the PSA his glasses and just went for it.
Apparently this lad had been winding Davie up all day, had tripped him up in the school corridor, pushed him, then was whispering and calling him names behind the teachers back. So Davie just went for him.

Although I am very disappointed, I am also pleased because he stood up for himself. However! There is a time and place and in front of the teaching staff is not when you do it! Jeezo!

Anyway, disappointed and upset this afternoon. So Davie is not being allowed off with it, I am collecting written work for him tomorrow night that he is to complete till he goes back on Friday.

So far, he's washed the dishes, fed the boys and really tidied his room.

Tonight, Pipes and Drums with the cadets. Davie is coming so he can get out of the house tonight.
That (bolded) shows initiative and careful thought... Bullies grrrrrrr
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Hello everyone, and I have had a very quick read through because it will be Corrie soon!

H, I hope that tonight's appointment for Dave is the start of getting a diagnosis and some sort of treatment because this has been going on for long enough poor chap. And you can jolly well stop gloating about watching your falsies being attended to in pain free bliss Some of us still have to suffer you know

Oh horses treading on feet - of course the ponies did it regularly (probably on purpose) and it was really painful, but once when I was helping prepare a shire horse for a local event, he casually plonked his dinner plate sized hoof on my foot I remember freezing in horror waiting for excruciating pain but it never came............I suppose the sheer spread of the weight was enough to ensure no real damage I was beating my fists against said horse's ribs in an effort to get him to move because I was well and truly stuck, and eventually he shifted enough for me to extricate my foot Lovely things shires, but oh so gormless at times.

TW, I am so glad that you have an update for that dear puppy - you can relax about her now! What the heck is that about your account????? Oh please not again.

Lynn that garage needs kicking into touch methinks - what a load of time wasters.

Lore, Davie only did what any normal boy would do in those circumstances, and I think that he showed remarkable restraint to hold back for so long. Poor lad is at such a disadvantage isn't he because everyone is watching to see how he behaves.

The frogs are doing their Roman orgy impression in the pond now, and today I found my biggest and oldest shebunkin dead. Given the wounds in its sides, I suspect than an over amorous frog grabbed it as they sometimes can do at this time of year, but I am so upset. Poor thing.

Corrie in a minute.....just time for a quick half ciggie outside
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 07:25 PM
super long runs in the cold are not the one. have to keep telling myself its for charity!!! Never doing any exercise after the 13th of april ever again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Evening Sally sorry to hear about your Shebunkin. I use to get very upset too when my fish died especially when violated in such a way.

June there are two local garages not within walking distance but small concerns so we will be checking them out I think. We didn't realise this place was part of a chain just thought it was a larger than normal family concern all the feedback on their website is very positive. They must remove the negative feedback.
Lesson learnt the hard way.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Hey Sally, sorry to hear about the shebunkin and at least this time you can't blame the Jimster can you That shire horse, blimey, that must have been quite a big weight on a foot mine was just a mere 16.2 id/tb
but the s*d wouldn't move, cos he had spooked at somebody behind the gate at the muckheap and was stood there stock still after he had jumped onto it with his eyeballs popping out of his head. I had learned through experience (and many of them), that I had to dunk it in a bucket of cold water immediately and I think that saved the day for me, it would have been a lot, lot worse if I hadn't of done that. I can't watch Corrie cos Dave's at the hospital now and I'm taping both episodes to watch when he's back home. I too hope he has some positive news, at the very least a scan I would have thought.

Oh Lynn, this is just getting worse isn't it with that awful place where your car is now stuck Hope you get it back tomorrow, they won't have a courtesy car I'm sure of it being one of those places Dave mentioned, but good luck anyway.

Em, how far you gotta run for this charity then? Rather you than me, but good luck with it, and you're right, don't bother with all that excessive stuff ever again, let somebody else do it.

I am soooooooo looking forward to tomorrow. No Dave, no vans, no nuffink, and it's going to be lovely and dry for us for many days to come down in this little south east corner (assuming they're not lying to me of course), so I'm giving myself a me day, a long, leisurely walk, pork chop for lunch, long nanny nap and definitely no cleaning, I'm having a whole day off, so there!

Night night all, I think I'm going to log off now and phone that friend of mine who had pneumonia and see if she's gone back to work this week, which she probably has done and shouldn't, but then that's her.

See you all tomorrow, and more of the regulars that haven't shown their faces today I hope.
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »