View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Is there any news from VV? I can't find any posts since the visit? Hoping everything is fine. ((((((hugs)))))) if you are reading this.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Is there any news from VV? I can't find any posts since the visit? Hoping everything is fine. ((((((hugs)))))) if you are reading this.
I've been wondering if I had missed something as well as keep checking back. I really hope she is ok.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 11:27 AM
I also am checking back hope its all ok!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Sorry I disagree with this. This happened years ago with someone I know..they phoned the school when an investigation should have happened...thus a couple of kids slipped through a net (I wasn't professionally involved and it was many years ago). Do you think it is always so obvious when abuse is happening? Trust me it isn't.
I would rather be investigated needlessly than have a child left in an abusive situation, because SWs didn't investigate properly.

That is easy for you to say Ramble, because it isn't your life that is being turned upside down and your child that is being questioned by these people. I am sure VV has already said that this kind of thing (being questioned by a stranger) is likely to upset Mia (I think it would be intimidating for any child to be questioned by a stranger). Let's also get this into perspective. VV hasn't been accused of beating her child or anything like it. Simply that the child plays with poo. I would have thought that any professional could have an informal chat with VV and see that this is not the case. I would also say that the majority of children would treat poo as something they'd avoid at all costs. To accuse a dog owner of allowing their child to "play with poo" sounds exactly that - a load of sh*t I would have thought that a professional could ascertain this from an informal chat rather than an inquisition.

Like I've already said, these people spend too much time investigating tripe, instead of spending time where families are abusing children, are KNOWN to them for abuse and neglect and in the case of Baby P, instead of telling that mother firmly "clean that childs face so that I can check he's okay" she walked out of the house telling her to clean the child up. Had she done her job (and by no means do I imagine this SW was a one-off) that baby might be alive today, in a foster home receiving love and affection, instead of being in his grave!

It's the same with the Police, I watched the Crimewatch Roadshow last month. The majority of what they showed to get info was people stealing vitamins out of shops, expensive clothes, graffiti, all rubbish in my eyes, compared to the muggings, assaults, burglaries and stuff that should be aired.............

These authorities need to get their act together and make sure that the needy cases get sorted and stop investigating stuff that is clearly not life or death
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
That is easy for you to say Ramble, because it isn't your life that is being turned upside down and your child that is being questioned by these people. I am sure VV has already said that this kind of thing (being questioned by a stranger) is likely to upset Mia (I think it would be intimidating for any child to be questioned by a stranger). Let's also get this into perspective. VV hasn't been accused of beating her child or anything like it. Simply that the child plays with poo. I would have thought that any professional could have an informal chat with VV and see that this is not the case. I would also say that the majority of children would treat poo as something they'd avoid at all costs. To accuse a dog owner of allowing their child to "play with poo" sounds exactly that - a load of sh*t I would have thought that a professional could ascertain this from an informal chat rather than an inquisition.

Like I've already said, these people spend too much time investigating tripe, instead of spending time where families are abusing children, are KNOWN to them for abuse and neglect and in the case of Baby P, instead of telling that mother firmly "clean that childs face so that I can check he's okay" she walked out of the house telling her to clean the child up. Had she done her job (and by no means do I imagine this SW was a one-off) that baby might be alive today, in a foster home receiving love and affection, instead of being in his grave!

It's the same with the Police, I watched the Crimewatch Roadshow last month. The majority of what they showed to get info was people stealing vitamins out of shops, expensive clothes, graffiti, all rubbish in my eyes, compared to the muggings, assaults, burglaries and stuff that should be aired.............

These authorities need to get their act together and make sure that the needy cases get sorted and stop investigating stuff that is clearly not life or death
I have every sympathy for VV and what she is giong through CC. I just cannot understand why you are moaning about SWs doing their job in one breath and then moaning about them not doing their job in the next....
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Hope you are ok VV I will keep checking back.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 01:08 PM
I have every sympathy for VV and what she is giong through CC. I just cannot understand why you are moaning about SWs doing their job in one breath and then moaning about them not doing their job in the next....

Well, I've already explained myself and why I have no time for them Ramble but being as you are "rolling your eyes" at me, I'll briefly say, they only seem to investigate where their sticky beaks don't need to be. Where there are evident family problems, they seem to stick their heads in the sand, hence Baby P, Victoria C and I'm sure there are more.

Anyway, talk is cheap. I just hope somebody doesn't report you for something that's untrue and clearly a load of rubbish (to anyone with a braincell intact). Me thinks you might not be so supportive of SW's in that case

I would imagine that life is hard enough for a single parent without Social Services on her back. Mud sticks you know and, like I said, I very much doubt that even though this stupidity will be put to bed, I'm guessing it will stay on file somewhere and if I was VV I'd be livid about that
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm not getting into it with you CC as this is VV's thread, I made my point. You obviously have a thing about SWs...your perrogative.

I do hope it all went well VV.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm not getting into it with you CC as this is VV's thread, I made my point. You obviously have a thing about SWs...your perrogative.

I do hope it all went well VV.
You've already "got into it" Ramble. I didn't pull your opinion apart. I just posted. You chose to start eye rolling and putting your point across, trying to invalidate mine.

Yes it is my perrogative, just as it is yours to think SWs are doing a great job.

I have no first hand knowledge of Social Workers, only what I've heard from people in a similar situation to VV and from the media when they get it wrong, all too often I'm afraid
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
You've already "got into it" Ramble. I didn't pull your opinion apart. I just posted. You chose to start eye rolling That's a bit rich as you were rolling your eyes at me not too many posts ago. and putting your point across, trying to invalidate mine. It's pretty difficult to have a discussion without putting one's point across.

Yes it is my perrogative, just as it is yours to think SWs are doing a great job.

I have no first hand knowledge of Social Workers, only what I've heard from people in a similar situation to VV and from the media when they get it wrong, all too often I'm afraid
Have you considered that you don't hear about it when things go right - only when they go bad? You seem very sure of what you are saying for someone who has no first hand knowledge. I'm not suggesting that all SW's are perfect - there will be good and bad one's as there are in every walk of life, but to tar them all as utterly useless is incredibly short sighted of you IMO.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >