tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2013, 04:07 PM
LOL can you order a taxi
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Honestly, I think some of you [June and Jenny come to mind...] are man mad! David is a taxi driver who takes us to the vet when necessary - takes us to the Pension for me to have a bit of a shop for Pereg and for her to have a chance for an off lead wander about - and who will get whatever I want from the shuk for me to save having to come from town to pick me up, take me back to town to the shuk, then bring me home again and go back to town to work!

This way it saves him all that time, saves me a return taxi fare [he just wants a one-way fare for delivering the things]. Oh, and he will occasionally get me a schwarma if I fancy one!

He is just a very good friend, nothing else!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Oh No, by No Means Man Mad. My front door is locked and barred these days, but no harm in looking. You can join the library and that way you don't have to buy a book, you can read it and take it back when you've finished with it.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oh No, by No Means Man Mad. My front door is locked and barred these days, but no harm in looking. You can join the library and that way you don't have to buy a book, you can read it and take it back when you've finished with it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Particularly French books
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Particularly French books
Not forgetting the Spanish ones

I can't believe me and Zena slept for almost 2 hours today Not much else to do really in this heat, no wonder they do this in hot countries (sleep all afternoon !).

I've been bitten all down the back of my arms now, and that bite on my foot is now just a mauve blob but no swelling, just looks like a bruise, but how dare it burst my vein like that whatever it was

They just told me on the news that it's going to be 24 deg overnight, oh deep joy I might drag this big air con unit out of the conservatory and see if I can use it as just a cold fan cos if I have it going as the air con then I need somewhere to shove the big hose, which I don't have anyway, cos Dave has it hidden somewhere in the garage, and I'm not going down there in this heat, the sun is belting down out the front there.

Lovely pics June, what a fab time you all have down there, I really wish we could join you.

Lynn, glad everything went well today and how lovely to catch up on all those relatives you haven't seen for so long. Fancy a shoe breaking like that, could have been a catastrophe, it would have been with me I'm sure, i fall off flip flops let alone cork heels. You'd have been safer driving in bare feet with a shoe like that. I always drive in bare feet when I've got flip flops on cos I once caught one underneath one of the pedals and got into a bit of difficulty so I've learned by that mistake.

I think I'm going to clean the bathroom cos it's cool in there....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Hope the air con works for you Helena.
I think the heat unstuck the glue.
Gorden popped out earlier to pick Mark and the big ladders up and he looked at the temp gauge and it was registering 89 degrees.
I'm not surprised at the reading while we were queuing to get into the chapel you felt like you were melting.
I'd be going in the bathroom if its cooler but don't know so much about cleaning it.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Malka - I like window shopping .... not buying But you have to admit it must be much nicer for you to deal with a hunk than deal with some gremlin

Helena and Sally - Knowing how you both love the heat like I do take a look at this ... note Monday's temperature This is for my home town so yours could well be different.

Weybridge, UK
Wednesday 6:00 PM
Clear
undefined
33°C | °F
Precipitation: 60%
Humidity: 18%
Wind: 0 km/h
TemperaturePrecipitationWind

Wed
Thunderstorm
35°15°
Thu
Clear
34°15°
Fri
Clear
32°15°
Sat
Partly Cloudy
31°14°
Sun
Partly Cloudy
33°15°
Mon
Mostly Cloudy
37°16°

Tue
Partly Cloudy
35°15°
Wed
Partly Cloudy
34°16°

The 6.00 BBC news has just confirmed that Heathrow has broken the record again today for the UK. I think I'm going to move up to Scotland before Monday or maybe just stay in the cooler aisles in Tesco
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Evening everyone, and especially Harvey - good to see you back! Also Jenny, because I think that I can now uncross everything in safety!! Oh, and thank you for that helpful information on the forecast

H old beanster, I am most definitely with you on the heat thing - great for those who love it I am sure, but I hate the way that it completely takes away my meagre energy and is making little Jimmi so dreadfully uncomfortable. Also, OH is bumbling around the house moaning and sighing and groaning as only a man can! As with you, our house is like an oven in spite of closing the integral blinds in the huge patio doors and shutting the curtains as the sun moved around........it is currently 30 degrees inside.

I hope that I have got this name right - Ndidi?.....it was some while ago that I read the posts, but anyway I am so sorry about your cat; it is always devastating to lose a much loved pet and my heart goes out to you.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >