Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Think i'd prefer a Yorkie bar.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
My dads friend was offered a lot of money for his Field Trial winning Labrador by a Chinese man. Apparently they are more desirable for consumption if they are "winners". He of course declined.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
... not enough meat on a yorkie!
Nah..I prefer Cadburys myself!
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Think i'd prefer a Yorkie bar.
Lol. IMO nothing goes down better than a vintage Bordeaux.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by DexNjj View Post
Furthermore, why don't we eat horses? They're herbivores ... I guess it's really a cultural thing as far as what is considered food and what is not. I think that people would eat less meat if they had to see it raised themselves.
It isn't the raising I have a problem with here on our farm, it is the transporting and slaughter I can't stand. If I had to kill my own meat then I would definitely be a veggie.
samson13
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
My dads friend was offered a lot of money for his Field Trial winning Labrador by a Chinese man. Apparently they are more desirable for consumption if they are "winners". He of course declined.
Oh thanks ! Now I have two Labradors cowering behind the settee in case I try to solve my financial problems !
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by samson13 View Post
Oh thanks ! Now I have two Labradors cowering behind the settee in case I try to solve my financial problems !
LOL!!

I wonder how much I would get for my Dexter. He is quite a meaty specimen but certainly ain't no Field Trial winner!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by DexNjj View Post
Furthermore, why don't we eat horses? They're herbivores ... I guess it's really a cultural thing as far as what is considered food and what is not. I think that people would eat less meat if they had to see it raised themselves.

But we do eat horse......

Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I am another who agrees with him completely.

I have never understood why meat eaters will eat one sort of an animal and not another. A dog is no more important than a cow, so why not eat them? I actually find it quite hypocritical.

So I am proud to be a veggie as I don't think we have the right to kill and eat any animal, regardless of what it is
I will try any meat! I love rabbit (I have pet rabbits too!), I also love goat, it's very similar to lamb tbh! I also like Ostrich! Not really keen on game if it's 'too gamey' though lol!
Got a lot more to try, but not got a problem trying them......

If I go somewhere that eats a different meat to us as part of their culture..then I try it!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
But we do eat horse......

I will try any meat! I love rabbit (I have pet rabbits too!), I also love goat, it's very similar to lamb tbh! I also like Ostrich! Not really keen on game if it's 'too gamey' though lol!
Got a lot more to try, but not got a problem trying them......

If I go somewhere that eats a different meat to us as part of their culture..then I try it!
id like to be like this, id love to try rabbit pheasant pigeon etc but i have no idea how to cook them or where even to get them

id love to try different things from countries but i dont go anywhere ive had ostritch before and wild boar. i also tried frog legs in france, couldnt touch the snails though
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
id like to be like this, id love to try rabbit pheasant pigeon etc but i have no idea how to cook them or where even to get them

id love to try different things from countries but i dont go anywhere ive had ostritch before and wild boar. i also tried frog legs in france, couldnt touch the snails though
Have you never tried winkles, cockles or whelks X-Clo-X ? - delicious!!! I'm a bit like Hevvur I like meat and will try just about anything. Rabbit is a lovely meat, especially in a stew - also pigeon and game goes down well with me.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >