Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Just another little update, the local PC has just paid a visit and I gave him my statement. He's going to keep the incident on file and have a word with the woman about keeping her dog on a lead and warn her about allowing it to be out of control in a public place.

Hopefully that'll make her think twice about letting it off lead, so fingers crossed I never have to deal with that dog again!
About time they turned up, I hope you used the "I pay your wages" line.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Well I think she's always been a bit prone, she doesn't defend herself the big girls blouse! It just seems to be happening more and more with small dogs lately. Probably just a coincidence, but flippin' annoying all the same!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
About time they turned up, I hope you used the "I pay your wages" line.
Fraid not mate, I do feel a bit sorry for the Police sometimes. Their paper workload is ridiculously high, workforce is low, they're expected to hit daft targets made up by the useless fat cat's and then they still get it in the neck from the general public! Bit like us Nurses really! But that's a thread for another time!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Fraid not mate, I do feel a bit sorry for the Police sometimes. Their paper workload is ridiculously high, workforce is low, they're expected to hit daft targets made up by the useless fat cat's and then they still get it in the neck from the general public! Bit like us Nurses really! But that's a thread for another time!
Its funny how these overworked/understaffed coppers
can always be found in a local takeaway.

Yeah for another time, but I will keep my mouth shut on that one.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Just one final update. The Policeman paid a visit to this woman who remembered the incident but reckoned her dog was just playing! Funny, but her dog taking chunks out of mine while I hold onto her doesn't constitute playing in my world!

Anyway, he has given her a warning and told her that the incident will be kept on file. She apparently said she had begun a training regime with the dogs and has bought muzzles for them. We shall see!

Thanks for all the support everyone, Isla seems to be getting over the incident gradually.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Just one final update. The Policeman paid a visit to this woman who remembered the incident but reckoned her dog was just playing! Funny, but her dog taking chunks out of mine while I hold onto her doesn't constitute playing in my world!

Anyway, he has given her a warning and told her that the incident will be kept on file. She apparently said she had begun a training regime with the dogs and has bought muzzles for them. We shall see!

Thanks for all the support everyone, Isla seems to be getting over the incident gradually.
Yeah, what was it now, carrying a rattle tin "like a woman possessed!"

Anywho, glad Isla seems to be ok.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 11:39 AM
She may be putting muzzles on them but she hasn't said she's gonna keep them on their leads. I'm sure most people know, it doesn't take a dog long to get a muzzle off if it puts it's mind to it.

I'm glad you poor little doglet's better though.

Heidi
janebullies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2008, 05:01 PM
hope you and your dog are okay,poor thing.You do get some idiots around,i my self had an encounter today.Whilst walking my pup sonia,i noticed a horse loose on the road.My son,Danny was with me as i was taken him to horse riding.Luckly the horse came from where he goes but is on holiday in a field away from the school.So he took the dogs lead to put the horse back and phoned the school for someone to come an fix the fence.Whilst he waited i continued to walk my sonia.A youngish couple were walking their 3 dogs all of their leads.I saw them running over towards sonia and i,so i grabbed hold of sonias collar.Well she was fine with the dogs and vice versa,but the couple saw what i was walking and started having a go at me,why was there no lead on my dog,why wasn't it muzzled etc.Not having a good day already i knew someone would get it,but no i kept my cool.I asked them if they thought i was walking a dangerous dog,why did they not put their dogs on their leads,i told them they didnot think much of their dogs.They kept going on and on.Ok i said,and let my pup go,she was great with the dogs,and they with her.That is your dangerous dog love and called sonia to follow.These people are heading for trouble in the future,what if my dog was aggressive.I feel sorry for the dogs they were lovely
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5