View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Skyespirit86
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2007, 11:53 AM
things like spiruline etc ARE simple foods- they're just less well known. Sprulina is only a lentil- type thing or smething. I have eaten it before I think. No different to rice or other carbs in what they look/taste like, but they do have added health benefits. I have absolutely nothing against feeding things like this, which are very healthy as long as the price isn't any higher. Why not? My moan is with companies like TESCO making products that imitate them, but with none of the quality or ingredients that the real ones have. They just put 'nature' on the bag, and what's inside is probably TESCO Value!

Many people ARE gullible, but that doesn't make them stupid. They're just trying to give their pets something better. And gullible is certainly NOT something I'd use to describe myself. I nearly always look at the ingredients, compare prices, consider arguements, buy local and organic etc. I can tell if something is a gimmick. The TESCO nature food is a gimmick. Luaths and Robbies is not. It is also only available to people who are looking for it- so if you don't like these 'health-foods- for dogs, you don't have to even look at them. I have no doubt the people behind these foods have a grounding in Veterinary Science, or Nutrition. The ingredients may sound funny and complicated, but they are known 'superfoods' and very healthy ingredients. People familiar with them such as vegans and nutritionists do not find them weird at all. They are very basic, wholesome foods. Weird is the long list of thigns they put in science diets, Iams etc.
nellie_dean
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2007, 12:36 PM
I agree that people should choose the food that suits their pet, their pocket and their lifestyle - I just don't like the way that the marketing men (or women!) make it more confusing than it needs to be to buy a decent healthy pet food, of which I'm well aware there are plenty out there!
At the end of the day, it's the likes of Pedigree, Eucanuba, Bakers, Butchers and Co who feed the vast majority of pets in the UK, and those foods seem to suit an awful lot of pets whatever they put in them.
No doubt the Tesco food will sell plenty, as I'm sure they've done their market and product research. I won't buy it, but then maybe it wasn't created for the likes of me!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5