Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I dont really get much of this now, I also have a temper, so found that the best thing all round was just not to let my lot go towards on lead dogs,

people can have major panic attacks when they see a pack of rotties coming,
its not fair to my dogs to have silly people screaming and hand waving....lol
but that said, I know exactly how you feel

This is exactly what I was trying to say, but not so well! Although in my case it's not Rotties but a soppy black GSP who is constantly mistaken for a Dobe!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Bnescollick View Post
Sorry,
I was slightly cheesed off with her!
I wasnt complaining..just funny how you included everytime you swore into your post!..most people edit that bit!
stanfan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Some dog owners are just bizarre!!! Stanley is only 4and half months old and already people back off from him...a cuddly little boxer!!! I've been amazed at some people I've met...like the woman with a mardy jack russell off lead and she expected me to put Stanley on the lead who was doing nothing!!! He was just saying hi so I led him away by his collar shaking my head and laughing...I refuse to get wound up by these numptys!!!lol
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2009, 04:25 PM
I would really like you to come walking with me and Eddie, Bnescollick but beings as Claire asked first it's only fair you walk with her first. I have been terrorized off my favourite walk by a ferocious woman with two free running powerful dogs that she cannot control. I can't manage her so I need you to do it for me. Please.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Bnescollick.......

i also want to go walkies with you. fluffybum dogs/owners do my head in too.

your going to be VERY busy travelling the country LOL!!!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 04:46 PM
so you let your dogs (off lead) approach a dog (on lead).... and tell her shes in the wrong and give her a gobful?

try that one on me and you would ahve got a gobful back....

dosent matter what she thought about the breeds - you were in the wrong for letting your dogs approach her.... and tbh i am wary of ANY breed approcahing mine - on or off lead - so quick frankly i dont blame the woman
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I posted a while ago about a moron who tried to hit my staffy with a water bottle because she had 'just read in the paper that all staffies are killing machines!'.

What was my dog doing? Sitting down watching the woman and wagging her tail

I also got abuse from a man who let his off lead JRT come running over to us. My two were off lead. There was no problem until the JRT jumped on my PRT. Bryan then started to hump the JRT because he'd been jumped on.

The JRT didn't seem to mind all that much, Tilly was running around looking like she was laughing. I removed Bryan and told him to behave. The man came running over, tried to hit Tilly - who wasn't even involved in the humping!

Some dog owners are just drama queens.

Bryan was jumped on by a weimeraner the other day. Both dogs were on lead, but the woman walking the weimy couldn't control it so it started to have a bit of a scrap with Bryan.

I just disentangled my dog and stood to one side while she got her dog under control. She started shouted and screaming at her dog, smacking it really hard. Then came the 'She's never done that before!'

I just said 'It's ok, my dog isn't injured.' And walked on. No need for a shouting match or for me to start saying 'You've got an out of control dog!!!!!!'
stanfan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2009, 04:50 PM
So you don't let your dog mix with other dogs or have I read that wrong Katie23? I'm sure we are all cautious when strange dogs appraoch but what has happened with interaction??? If I saw 2 dogs approaching mine in the way that was described I would have no problem at all!!! What a sad world if we all avoided each other!!!!
Bnescollick
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Katie23 View Post
so you let your dogs (off lead) approach a dog (on lead).... and tell her shes in the wrong and give her a gobful?

try that one on me and you would ahve got a gobful back....

dosent matter what she thought about the breeds - you were in the wrong for letting your dogs approach her.... and tbh i am wary of ANY breed approcahing mine - on or off lead - so quick frankly i dont blame the woman
I think you need to read all of the thread.
I did NOT approach her she approached us.
She came from behind and was within about 10ft of me before i was aware. then she kicked off because my dogs were out of control?
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Its not just people with little dogs though its also people with small children that over react.

Last night i was walking my 3 round the block (Ela is in Season) and there was a woman walking down the road with her little girl of about 4. I knew i was taking up most the pavement so stoped moved to one side and put the dogs in a sit to let her past. She went right over the other side of the pavement so she was nearly in the road clutched her daughter to her so tight she could barely walk and was grumbling at me as she walked past! What were my three doing? Sat quietly wagging and smiling at them, even the puppy . . . . Its stuff like this thats going to make kids afraid of dogs!
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »