Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Lots of healing vibes coming from here.
Why oh why oh why do they eat these things????
Beyond me, but then Im not a dog....
Hope he recovers quickly. hugs.
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2007, 09:23 AM
He came home last night 100% better not even limping.
He is full of life and back to his normal self.

He is going back for a check up on Thursday but his wound is looking really good and you can't really see an scar but it looks like a spay scar right up his middle.

I will post some photos on the photo thread later.
Thanks once again for all your advice
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi Lotsofus I am very pleased to hear your little one is better. The leg problem could well have been 'referred pain' if the limp has now gone.I imagine with all that stuff in his tummy,the puppy may well have felt 'I am too ill to drag my legs out of bed today '

Has the vet said anything about feeding, I would stick to soft food for a few days while things heal, things like rice and fish or chicken/scrambled egg/porridge with a little honey/cottage cheese, then gradually substitute the food you normally feed a little at a time.
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Lotsofus I am very pleased to hear your little one is better. The leg problem could well have been 'referred pain' if the limp has now gone.I imagine with all that stuff in his tummy,the puppy may well have felt 'I am too ill to drag my legs out of bed today '

Has the vet said anything about feeding, I would stick to soft food for a few days while things heal, things like rice and fish or chicken/scrambled egg/porridge with a little honey/cottage cheese, then gradually substitute the food you normally feed a little at a time.
He has been sent home with tinned prescrption food. Has to have two spoonfulls every two hours. He is starving lol
Will will see what they say when we go back tomorrow
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2007, 12:50 PM
So glad he's back home and none the worse for wear by the sounds of it! I can't believe he's recovered so quickly after eating that!!! They really are tough little beggers these pups aren't they. You're very lucky I think to still have him, your vets are admirable, can you imagine if that had gone unnoticed! Doesn't bear thinking about does it! Anyways, he's fine now and back to his old self thank goodness, bless. Glad he's on a special prescription food, and you must do exactly what the vets says, no giving in to those big blue eyes!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Just caught up on this, glad you caught it in time, poor little guy. Glad he's back home with you, give him extra cuddles from me and his sore tum, bless him. x
gypsygirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm so glad t hear that your little boy is feeling much better.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5