Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 10:24 PM
never been into the darts before.

Found myself watching it yesterday and then putting it on again today. Also set my reminder for later........whats happening

When does it finish
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-01-2008, 10:28 PM
The final is on Sunday, what is happening is you are becoming a darts fan, its best not to fight it.

If you are enjoying this you will love the pdc version of darts, its much better quality.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
The final is on Sunday, what is happening is you are becoming a darts fan, its best not to fight it.

If you are enjoying this you will love the pdc version of darts, its much better quality.
ok...... ummmmm whats the pdc version of darts?

The one i watched earlier with the bats (i think they call him count) and a young lad was good.

A friend of my sisters goes to the lakeside to watch it, got tickets a couple of years ago off ebay for him. He is also managing somebody to try and make him a pro as he reckons he is brilliant. Thats kinda what made me turn over and take a look.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-01-2008, 10:39 PM
There used to be just the one darts group until it spilt in the early 1990s with rows over money and such. Some players formed the professional darts corporation (pdc) and the british darts organisation (bdo) staying as is.

Both groups have their own events including their own world championship, the bdo one is on now, the pdc tends to be a few weeks before. Players would play for one group or the other, until the world champions played in a one off match for charity. They do play in cross-group events now. The pdc players tend to be of a higher standard, though the bdo do have some good players and work more with the grass roots.

Phew, a squashed down version of darts.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 10:45 PM
and do you know what..........

i got it.... completely - thanks for the breakdown.

Do they both play at the lakeside or do the have there own venues.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-01-2008, 10:48 PM
The pdc played at the circus tavern in purfleet but move to the alexandra palace this year. The bdo have been at lakeside now for ages.

They both hold different events all over england, europe and the US.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5