originally posted by Cumbrian Lass
Has anyone joined the pastoral group yet? Calling all GSD owners
I've signed up! I used to have a GSD - but now have BCs
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
Can I ask why people think we need seperate groups? do you not think it will isolate us - from the main board? or that the "individual groups" will become boring
They are clubs. Clubs that people can join AND still be part of the main DW site.

Why will it isolate anyone? These are extra sections and a way for people to form smaller closer circles as well as be active in the main bigger one and all the other smaller cirlces within it that are not breed related.

I must say I joined dogweb because it incorporated all dogs regardless of their breed/age/status.
Dogweb is still the same, we just have EXTRA clubs for people. if you don't want to be part of one of the clubs you simply don't join them. No one has made it mandatory!

And although I own Staffs I like reading advice/points of view from people such as Mini, Inca, SB, Steve, Snorri,BorderDawn, Amts etc and many others who own different breeds than mine. I think thats the good and possibly the best thing about dogweb -the diversity.
You can still do that
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 08:29 PM
i cant see the problems in breed groups and if by asking or saying that having a bull and mastiff group is a problem! then i dunno wat to say to that! without getting banned of here!

Azz has a good idea, just for me if we added some no kc breed groups then this is not leaving out people who dont own NON KC REG DOGS, goes for people with breeds that can be reg in kennel club but are not! but also breeds who are CANT reg thier breeds as they are not in kennel club!

i just cant see why having breed groups will cause a problem, its members who will make it a problem! not having a breed group!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Hang on are some posts disappearing here?

Karen
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-10-2005, 08:35 PM
We're not sticking to KC groups Kazz we are making our own rules
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Then what rules exactly? what groupin are you using I am getting confused.

I thought the idea was to talk to similar breed owners?

Karen
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-10-2005, 08:53 PM
It is but that doesn't mean theres only one way (ie the KC way).

The dog world has moved on, and we move with it.

I am open to ideas for classifications - in fact this idea has been morphing and changing ever since it was mentioned

If you want to make it better, put your suggestions across

remember nothings set in stone, we are not goverened by the KC or any other 3rd party... so think outside of the box if you have to
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I reckon 'crosses' should be allowed to join the breed groups particularly if the cross is known, as in the case of luke's florrie, or even if it's unknown but still holds characteristics of that group, like rips' pickles
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-10-2005, 08:59 PM
yes I think thats reasonable
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2005, 09:01 PM
but i have got 1 for you........... wait for it what about the breeds that are not working group but do work? can they become members of the workers as well?
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >