Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Evening all
Do hope you've all had better weather than here ,it's peed it down practically all day ,high winds getting up now too ,so expect it's gonna be a rough night
Even the resident ducks on the loch have quacked off
The muppets were not amused at being dragged out ,n couldn't wait to return home ,we were like drookit rats
Hope everyone's had a good day
Off to feed everyone n try to get the muppets out again before it gets dark
Take care n catch you later if we don't get washed awayxxxxxx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Rain never let up here either I was a good girl and went to boot camp...pain will come tomorrow Leah wanted McDonalds for tea,so went there after school,its 20 miles there and back to the shopping centre.Bit far just to get her a burger so I had a little shop while I was there
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Evening everyone from a soggy Herefordshire. Lots of rain today, but I am pleased because it has tested the repairs done by the builders, and they have not been found wanting

Poor Mabs, what a cruel mummy you are TW to even contemplate removing that careful, neat stash of bones

Jenny, I hate it when friends come for a late morning coffee and then refuse lunch! I usually end up imploring them to have a ploughmans or SOMETHING. Still, it is always good to have a catch up and a laugh. I too am praying for a good old fashioned hard frost because there are so many flies and germs around. This warm damp weather is fine during the day, but we do need something with bite to it during the dark hours.

No Tang yet then I suspect that she is spending all her time at the hospital and I still have my fingers crossed for Martin to make a full and rapid recovery.

H, you do sound to be incredibly domesticated with all this curtain making I am extremely impressed old bean, and know exactly where to come in future when in need of the odd pair running up!

Well done to Kazz and Bella, and a huge wave for Norma.

His lordship is on his way back from Salisbury, and rang a short while ago to put in an order for two bags of apples for one of his passengers. I have picked them as requested, but am now soaking wet and not best pleased I was not in a good made anyway, as when cleaning the new tiles etc. in HL's bathroom, I discovered a long scratch on the surface of the unit holding the basin..........I remember thinking during one of my forays in there with a mug of tea that the chap should be protecting the top with a cloth or something, as it was covered in bits of plaster etc. There is little that can be done about it, other than buy a whole new unit which obviously would be silly expense.

On a good note, Jimmi's abscess is subsiding already Thank goodness for that, as we are going away for a few days next week and I hate leaving daughter and family with that sort of problem.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Hey SALLY
Good to hear Jimmi is ok Not so good about the scratch on the unit though Do you think there's something that could touch it up? going away for a few days Care to divulge??
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Raining here still, but lessened a bit.
Have got rid of the old bones and left her some of the better looking ones and will sidle them away tomorrow when I give them fresh
Keshi isn't well. poorly tummy, had just put fresh down in all kennels and cleaned yard, I had her in the utility and she had left her tea and looked miserable, all her eyes looked full, little soul tried her with a raw egg but she wouldn't have it. Brought her in and tried to get her to have a Canestan but she wouldn't, she was scrabbling at the door to go out, so let her out and she did a real mess in the yard, but thank goodness it wasn't in the house. Straight away I gave her 5ml of tummy medicine that I always have in and she went into the big kennel, had a wee and then into the back and curled up. Put black disinfectant in the yard and rest of girlies in the utility whilst I gave it a good do, they ate the egg and let everyone back out. Gave Keshi another 5ml of tummy medicine and left yard light on so I can keep an eye on her.
She is lying down now looking so miserable, not at all like her normal self. She is in the warm and dry and shavings are all clean and new. She was fine earlier on so no idea what on earth has happened.
I hope everything has gone OK with Mart, been hoping Pat comes on, but nothing so far
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Poor Keshi hope she's ok
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 06:20 PM
OH No TW - poor Keshi, and such a worry I imagine with Mabs possibly in pup. I have everything crossed that this is just a brief upset and she is fine in next to no time, with none of the others going down with it.

Eileen, we are going up to the Lakes to where my father lived to scatter his ashes.......it will be a bitter sweet trip really, but it will be good to be back up there, and to see my brothers and sister.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Understand the bitter sweet SALLY,but what a lovely thing to bring him home(( hugs))
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Hello everyone, quite a nice evening here now. We have decided to have our day out tomorrow because the forecast is better, we didn't bother the other day when it was raining.

Had my physio this morning, not such good news, unless you are my son who thinks it will be great fun. I have to start using a walking frame I have had so many falls and I am so unsteady even after 15 weeks of physio and exercises home here, it has been decided it would be safer.
Not happy.

I want a red one and I shall call it Leon (Trotski) cos that is what I shall be doing, leanin' on it as I trot along!
I will post a picture when I get it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Nippy, how could you....my youngest is called Leon
What a shame, will you manage to get yourself able to walk unaided again at all, I really hope you will. Lots of hugs
Just checked outside and everyone in bed, will be keeping my eye on things. Can't decide whether to go and check before I go to bed, because if they are all asleep it will disturb them, then I think well she would do better with some more tummy meds inside her, if I see anyone of them out in the next couple of hours I will pop out and dose her up
It is a worry like you say, then again yesterday she found this plant that was taller than me, dug it up and was running round with it, and chewing it, could have been the cause, none of the others are that stupid
How lovely Sally, like you say it will be bitter sweet, but your dad was a very brave and good man and that was where he was happy.
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »